Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Just curious....

13»

Replies

• Options
    Oh dear......

Well I'm sure there are some that dont want this carried on but I have to reply.
    I'm knew from the moment I became pregnant I would not BF nor did I ever slightly think about changing my mind!
    I am a big lady with massive boobs and I never felt comfortable with it - my body my decision. My baby my decision. There are a lot of things missing from my diet as I have various allergies and wanted to ensure my baby got what he needed and wanted to know how much he was feeding. Its turns out this was the best decision as at 4 weeks we found out he is completely allergic to dairy and we've been able to think about the long term effects of this from an early stage (though its still hard weaning). The paed said it would've been harder to diagnose if i'd bf but H would've still been poorly.
    I will not be made to feel guilty for choosing to FF. You may not be able to understand the decision making to ff but that does not mean those who do so do not want the best for their babies. The MW's pressured me at time of delivery - I was so out of it and seriously ill having a blood tranfusion that even if I wanted to i wouldn't have been able to anyway. My little man is happy, healthy and appears to be quite advanced - we have a happy household and did from day one and thats all that matters to me.

xxx
  • Options
    nobody should be questioned on why or how they choose to feed there baby. by questioning you make mums question themselves and feel bad. at the end of the day its not your, or anyone elses business how other mums feed their babies, you bf your baby - good for u, i decided i didnt want to bf before i had alfie for my own reasons which i dont have to explain to u or anyone else because frankly its non of anyone elses business, i dont feel the need to justify myself to anyone, hes happy and healthy so who cares if hes not bf? theres too much pressure as it is and no need to make it worse,

lots of people got offended by this post which goes to show that its not everyone overreacting, we simply reacted to a thread that offended us,

i love coming on here and all the ladies, i just think some consideration is needed sometimes,
    this topic is better off laid to rest now and we all should concentrate on the things that ARE important to us and our babies like weaning, first teeth etc image

xxxx