Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Taking bets!

2»

Replies

• Options
    oh yay - Maybe I will be right with the 2nd June - less than a week - just keep your legs crossed until then!
  • Options
    Becci, that's exactly what I did! Charlie was 17 days early so I expected Alfs around then too, 6 day early felt late and Gracie appearing on her due date felt like she was in there for weeks too long!
    Good luck Liz, and hope you have an easy labour. I'd get my backside round the hosp as soon as you start...I sooooo much quicker with A and G than with C!
  • Options
    well you could possibly be in labour - espcially if you think you had a show!!! can't believe you had S*X i soooooooooo dont thinkwe will ever again hehehe!

• Options
    lol Star!! Honestly when you get towards the end and want the baby out you will consider anything!!

My labour with Bren was very quick really, I had mild but regular contractions on the 29th December and went to the hospital just to be on the safe side not expecting much. They were very surprised when I was already 3-4cm dilated and said I should stay in overnight.By the morning everything has stopped and I hadn't dilated more so I asked if I could go home as I was fed up!Things started again at about 1am on the 2nd Jan and I kept going back to sleep knowing that things would have to get much stronger before it was worth another trip to the hospital. I finally got up at 5am and got a shower and then woke hubby and we made our way to the hospital for about 6:30am. I was still only 4cm dilated even though the contractions were much stronger but I still wans't in much discomfort. By 10am I was having to keep walking around and by 10:30am they checked me again and I was 7cm so they put me in the delivery room. I was fully dilated by about 11:30am and after a lot of pushing Bren was finally born at 1:20pm.So not bad for a first timer, the only pain relief I had was accupuncture.

My birth plan this time is to go with the flow really! I would like to be on my feet more as I was on a bed during the pushing stage with Bren and I think that was making it harder. I have got the option of gas and air this time if I need it which is great and I will definately be going with the accupuncture again.I really don't want an epidural though unless I really really need it!

I had some mild contractions from 6am this morning, not regular but they didn't go away when I walked around. I had my midwife appointment at 10am and I asked hubby to call his school and say he would be in later as since I would need the car for the midwife appointment he would have to get the bus.Not good if I went into labour and he had to get home quick as it is a 45 minute bus journey! The midwife said Jacob is fully engaged and that she thinks it is the start of something. I was happy for hubby to go to work this afternoon but she insisted he stay home with me to look after Brendan so I could have a rest. (Not that that happened as he did stay home but went out to dig his bl**dy garden!!!.She made me an appointment for next week but said she doesn't think she will see me as she is sure I will have had him by then. We will see!! I've had a bit more of a show this afternoon and mild contractions on and off but nothing major.

My midwife said the same as you Ali -that I should get to hospital as soon as I think things are properly starting since it is an hour and half drive and she doesn't think Jacob will hang around once things start! I can just see it now - he is going to be born in the car on the way to the hospital!!! That happened to a friend of mine actually and she doesn't recommend it!

Anyway, I have blabbered on enough!I will keep you all posted! xxx
  • Options
    Ooo its all happening then! Im so excited for you, cannot actually believe your 2nd baby is nearly here!
    Yes, definetely make sure you get to hospital in good time! And tell hubby what for if hes not giving you a rest! Lotsa love xxx
  • Options
    Oooh how exciting... keep us posted!
    And yes..make sure hubby gives you rests!! Otherwise he'll have us lot to answer to

xx
  • Options
    ohhhh bren could be a big brother by this time next week how exciting lol. I'm going to be obsesslivly checking for any news lol.
    Hope things start soon for u and that when they do u manage to make it to the hospital. xxx
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for you Liz, certainly sounds like Jacob is on his way to meet you all, can't believe it has come around so quickly x
  • Options
    Nearly had a trip to the hospital last night as I had about three massive contractions within an hour so I got a bit worried!! Things settled down though and I only had a couple of milder ones in the early hours, not had a huge amount so far today which is good as hubby has gone to work.

We have got organised though and called a friend last night to warn them that the baby may be coming soon and were they still ok to look after him. They are over the moon by the sounds of it and are actually going to be stayingin their caravan down near the hospital for the bank holiday weekend so have said they will take extra blankets etc for Brendan just in case! So sounds like it could all be perfect timing, I'm just hoping Jacob doesn't decide to make an appearance in the early hours as I really don't want to have to disturb Brendan in the middle of the night bless him.

I'll keep you posted anyway! xx
  • Options
    Ohhh good luck Liz hope something happens for u over the weekend x
  • Options
    Oh wow Liz! Things are moving!
    Your June baby may appear in May, as opposed to his big bro who was due in Dec and born in Jan!
    All the best of luck and look forward to hearing Jacob's here! xxx
  • Options
    Our hospital is about 12 mins away (i work there so know that, i didnt time it pre holly!!) and I had about 4,5,6 contractions on the way in labour with holly. It was awful in the car! I will never forget those contractions! So i certainly dont envy your hour and a half! I would be kipping in a b+b next door for the next 3 weeks if it were me!!

Sounds like things are certainly close! Keep us posted! xxx
  • Options
    Has he arrived yet? Sounds imminent, oooh liz good luck, hope it all goes well for you take care
  • Options
    oooo sounds like itr's all very inimant!yey!!!!

well i had an hour drive to hospital with fin and my god horrible isnt the word - your labour with bren sounds actually quite nice i would love the next to be like that!!!

bet you cant wait for your mum to get over to help you out!

xxx
  • Options
    Well I got the date wrong then didn't I :roll:

still hoping my weight is right image