Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hows the feeding going?

124»

Replies

• Options
    I cannot believe how many clothes Violet can no longer fit into - but then I guess she did start in tiny baby stuff!!! All of a sudden I only have 6 sleepsuits that still fit her! I have got quite a lot of 3-6 months stuff and am looking forward to getting her out of sleepsuits and into proper clothes!

I am trying to keep Violet awake as much as possible today! Rather than putting her in her bouncy chair or car seat when I am at the computer working, I have been putting her on the floor for a good old kick!

Liz I am sure you can get your milk supply back up - my mw and hv always told me to spend a day in bed with baby and just let them fed whenever throughout the day to build it up...so guess that gives you an excuse to sit and do nothing but feed and watch telly!
  • Options
    Well I think we may have sort of a routine - yeah!! Bryn seems to feed constantly in the morning and early evening but every 2-3 hours for the rest of the time - and I'm impressed with that - no where near as impressed as I am with some of you other mums and babies - but then to me a baby that only wakes 2-3 times a night is a dream! (do I have very low standards or what??!!) I personally wouldn't dream of waking Bryn during the day if hes sleeping as it gives me time to a)have a cuppa and b) play with his sister (or do housework but I'd rather play with his sister!)
  • Options
    i cant be bothered to think about routines yet! i only have to worry about me and ryan, mark can worry about himself! we play and sleep when ryan wants to although at night im topping him up with few ozs formula otherwise he wants more boob feeds in night and im too tired! i need sleep too!
    otherwise all is much better now. he must be over the growth spurt cos he has defo gotten loads bigger in both directions! wouldnt let hv disturb him to weigh him today cos he just gone sleep so ill take him clinic monday.
    he is now wearing 0-3 and im packing away newborn stuff.... it dont seem 5 mins ago we were all bouncing on balls having lots of sex and taking poxy herbal remedies to get these los here!
    xxx
  • Options
    lol holly! I know what you mean, the time is flying by already isn't it!
    The pic of Ryan is absolutely gorgeous, he looks like a proper little boy now!

L xxx
  • Options
    thanks liz i think so too! i cant believe how quick nhe is growing and i love putting him in different outfits especially the john rocha dungarees he got bought!
    brendan is a cutie. is he smiling already?! have to ask what is behind him in the pic it gets me everytime i cant figure it out?!!
    xxx
  • Options
    Glad to hear everyone is getting on ok. Ive been away down at oh's parents for the last couple of weeks hence why I havent been on very much. Im still breast feeding and its still going well, Ive tried expressing some so that occasionally her dad can give her a bottle or incase I need to go out ect but Holly just won't take it!! She did take one when she was away but it was formula and about 2 hours after having it she was so sick and gagging the poor we thing just couldnt get it out so we had to turn her upside down and pat her back it was sooo scary!! She deffo gave us all a fright!! Ever since then she just refuses to even entertain the idea of a bottle no matter whats in it! Its very frustrating especially when she is having a growth spurt because its as if Holly is permanently attached to me!
    Im still getting plenty of wet and dirty nappys and omg what a force and speed some of her poos come out!! Some times though I almost feel like she is constipated with the noises she makes trying to push them out her face goes bright red and purple the poor wee mite!! Anyone elses babys doing this or any suggestions as to what it could be?? xxxx
  • Options
    hi amy
    did u av a gud time away?
    ryan threw up like that with his first bottle but hes better with them now. maybe she took too much and couldnt hold it, i no ryan does that sometimes.
    growth spurt is trying onur boobsaint it!?
    and ryan does the samewit his poos, hereally concentratesand tenses all up!!
    xxx
  • Options
    Hey amy. Cole does the straining and grunting thing too.. I read somewhere that its normal though.

We were late with bath and bed last night but Cole slept for 6 hours!! 6 hours!!! Either I've learned to sleep through his grizzles or he didn't grizzle!
  • Options
    We had a good time when we were away but we had car trouble so ended up staying longer than we planned!! It was really good to get home lol
    We tried Holly with another bottle but she just won't play ball! Im lucky that feeding her doesn't bother me, in fact I really enjoy it.
    Im glad the whole grunting thing is normal, aer you kept awake at night by the nosies they make? I am sometimes but have found if I get her up and wind her again she goes back down and sleeps for longer!! How long on average would you say your babys sleep for? Some days Holly will only go down for an hour at a time and others she'll sleep for 5-7 hours!
  • Options
    Hi Holly the photo of Brendan is him in his baby bath and he is sitting in the plastic support thing which is what you can see behind him! He does smile but I don't think he is doing it on purpose - most probably wind or something!!

Brendan does the red face straining too whenever he does a number two and he is certainly not constipated lol! Got him a virbating bouncy chair today and he loves it!

L xxx
  • Options
    Amy - yes Coles noises do wake us up!! If he makes funny noises I worry..if he's quiet I have to get up and check him! Lol!

Average sleeping - hard to say! He can nap for anything from 5 mins to 3 hours in the daytime. Last 2 nights we've had a 6 hour run of sleep and then he'll sleep for maybe 2-4 hours after that.

Liz- been wondering what that was behind Brendan! I finally put a battery in Coles chair today and he doesnt like the vibrating..but then he doesn't seem to like new things straight away so I'll try him again tomorrow.