Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Update on op... Help needed please

2»

Replies

• Options
    good luck with having the coil fitted - i'm sure all will go well. can i still come down and visit you?!
  • Options
    Really glad you've reached a decision you're happy with and I hope you find it does the trick, .... And if it doesn't at least then you KNOW you've explored all options. Hope the fitting goes well and is a success, good luck and have a lovely Christmas x
  • Options
    I'm so glad you've come to a decision, it must be such a weight off your mind.

I really hope the mirena coil works for you. I had one fitted about a year ago, mostly for contraception, but I did also have very heavy, painfull periods after having lo. A bit uncomfortable when it's fitted then I had about 3 months of irratic bleeding, then settled down to one day a month of very light bleeding. Now have not had a period of any sort since June. #so I'm very happy with it.

Really hope it helps you. xxx
  • Options
    Glad you have made a decision and that it is the right one for you. If they are willing to re-refer you straight away if the coil doesn't help then take the opportunity, at least you know that you won't wait more than 13 wks from when you are referred.

Hope that Dave has been ok with your decision. It is so hard to know what to do for the best.

Hugs x
  • Options
    A big thank you to all of you.

I do feel a bit relieved now I've made the decision - just got to go around and untell people now! :roll:

I hope the coil works too - even if it's only for a year... tbh I'm not sure how it's going to help with all of my symptoms but if the consultant thinks it's worth giving a go then who am I to argue??! :\)

Dave's been fine about it though he has said only to give it a try for up to a year - he wants me to have the op in a years time rather than wait any longer - even if the coil works well. I'll have to wait to the new year to get it fitted - the first clinic is on the 12th Jan - but that's not that far off.

Jules - of course you can still come over - I'll even buy cake! image x

Nicola - let us know how you get on - take it easy x

Take care everyone - thank you for all listening to me rabbiting on and on.

Hope you all have a very happy and healthy Christmas!

xxxxx

• Options
    Glad youve reached a desision you are happy with, I have a coil and it really wasnt that bad getting it fitted, no worse than a smear. Try taking some ibuprofen before you go and you will be fine xxx
  • Options
    Glad youve reached a desision you are happy with, I have a coil and it really wasnt that bad getting it fitted, no worse than a smear. Try taking some ibuprofen before you go and you will be fine xxx
  • Options
    Glad you've made your decision.. fingers crossed it helps you
    xxx