Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Names!!

2»

Replies

• Options
    We have Ava Lily for a girl, has been the name I've lived even before we were pregnant. Boys name on the other hand not a clue! Like to have another short name but a different! My hubby's Grandad was Dutch so maybe a Dutch name? God knows. Fingers crossed for a little girl lol xx
  • Options
    I'm starting to panic already. I'm convinced we are having a boy and although we have a few girls names lined up we can't agree on anything for a boy !!!! We struggled enough with DS and only came up with his name!
  • Options
    We liked the names Leo and Alexander for a boy (tell a lie I liked them OH is just a fusspot)

For girls..in the past I liked Ava, Scarlett, Chloe, Maisie...this time we can only come up with Livia and Lexie/Alexa so far.
  • Options
    We found it hard enough first time round! We agreed on one girl's name and she didn't have a middle name until she was actually born and then hubby couldn't argue with meimage. My dd is Sophie Grace. We couldn't agree on a boys name at all so it was good job she was a girl!

This time round I think we may have settled on Samuel George for a boy (although hubby is not to keen on the shortened version - Sam, and its the same initials as dd!!). We can't agree on a girls name, so maybe that's a sign......
  • Options
    DD is Iona Elizabeth (same middle name as me), and we've picked either Erin Charlotte or Henry William (William is DH's middle name, and Henry his Papa who died just after we met).

Worst bit is trying to think of something not only you both agree on, and nobody else in the family has, but now also goes with first child's name as well! I know a girl who had her second yesterday and called her Holly...but has a son called Magnus already, and I just dont think they "go" at all, but maybe that's just me?! x
  • Options
    We are struggling with names too.

We already have two boys Alexander (Alex) Jacob and Joe Partick, quite traditional names really so feel like we can't go for anything new or modern. It took us ages to agree on Joe last time and that was because I wanted Jonah and we finally agreed on Joe. The only name he hasn't moaned at is Dexter. I saw it on here and loved it, mentioned it to hubby and he didn't pull his face! Dexter James.... Do you think that it it goes with our other boys names?

If its a girl I wanted her middle name to be Frances or Erica after my grandmothers but not sure on a first name. I like Grace but hubby just says we will talk about it after we know (avoiding telling me he doesn't like it whilst i'm hormonal). I love Isabel/Isobel but hubby just says "is a bell necessary on a bike" I love all the flower names but they don't go down well in our house. It doesn't help that its open to family discussion and our two year old wants to call it Mickey Mouse!!

Its early yet, we have another 6 months to argue over it
  • Options
    I also like the name Amelia (but if we have a girl she will be called Lily)

Or there is Lillian (Lilian) that I also like! You can pronounce it "lily-anne" or "lilly-un" kinda thing.
  • Options
    I have a few ideas for girls names: Emily Mae, Emily Grace, Ava Lily or maybe Mae on its own. However, OH has always wanted Isla but think I may have gone off it.

Not sure for boys. OH always pulls his face. I have suggested Arthur, James, Sam and Matthew.

We will hopefully find out the gender at 20 week scan so will start to make some decisions then.

Exciting!

: )
  • Options
    Loobylou - my dad always says that about Isobel too - ha ha - but I think its a lovely name.

The front runner atm for us for a boy is Riley. And for a girl it is Ellie.