Forum home› Babies› Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hello everyone.

I would just like to say to web-ed a big thank you for our own forum after a lot of yapping.Thank you. x
I hope now we have our own forum that many mums will come forward and share their stories and get support from each other. xxx image

Replies

• Options
    Hi i went to the doctors yesterday and she said i have now crossed over into pnd so i've got to talk to health visitor and see doc again in three weeks.my thoughts even scared me so i knew i needed help.i think im an awfall person as i have even raised my voice at lo its not her fault she doesnt understand i love her so much but at the same time i just want to run away.i told oh i have pnd and i think he was shocked maybe he will help now i have asked him for help but its like hes blind to what needs doing.i hope everyone is ok.
    Lin
    ps ive just pasted this from the other topic as i didnt see we had this till just now
  • Options
    Hi lin, how are you feeling? is your hubby helping out more now? x
    Marsha i hope the girls teeth come through soon, Ellies are driving her and me mad! LOL
    Im ok coming off the tablets but i am grumpier and a lot more tired, im totally exhausted and cant sleep when i get to bed, just like before but at least i dont feel resentment towards Ellie or my hubby now.
    I still dont feel like my old self but i think i will be ok, at least im not sitting crying all day and night long.
    Will your mum and dad help out with the girls when you go home to let you have a few days with your hubby on your own? x
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with pnd last week after oh forced me to go docs. I completly resented the fact that his life is still relativly normal, going out to work, meetin up with mates etc. and I just feel completly stuck in on my own all day. I was taking everything out on him and kept trying to push him away.
  • Options
    Hi hun, its hard, men do seem to get it easier. I have to say my OH does come home and take Ellie for most of the evening but it wasnt always like that. It took a lot of arguments and rows to get a nice balance for the two of us and Ellie is almost 5 months.
    How old is your LO and are you on tablets or anything? xxx
  • Options
    Im glad your doing well Marsha. Hows Briannas teething? Are they sleeping better at night again? x
  • Options
    rhys is 11 weeks tomo. It doesn't help that am still living at ma mum'sand it's very over crowded so we don't really get time for just the 3 of us.
    Also I had just qualified as a teacher and was really looking forward to starting teaching when i found out i was pregnant and it still gets to me that i had to put that off for a few yrs.

i started on tablets last wed.
  • Options
    Hi everyone i hope you all had a good day mine was ok bad morning but ok afternoon and had a bad day yesterday sometimes it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel if you know what i mean.No my hubby hasnt lifted a finger since i told him in fact i seem to be doing more, its like having a big kid to look after i really do question why we are still together and im not sure if its just the pnd making me feel like that.
    Crilly i bet you cant wait to go back home, where about do you come from in Australia?my hubby is from Altona we got married in sydney had a week there and a week in melbourne i'd move there if i could.how are the girls?
    Diane take it easy and look after yourself as you dont want to slip back.how is Ellie?
    mummybec i hope things are looking a bit better.how is your lo?
    take care
    Lin
  • Options
    Hi mummybec, how are you feeling now you are on the tablets? Are you hopeing to move out of your mums? x
    Lin i am trying not to burn myself out but today was the worst day ever! Ellie was screaming the house down, her teeth are driving her mad and i know she is hurtin but so is my head. I know that sounds so selfish but i am going to bed soon as i feel sick from it all day.
    Would you not consider moving to Austrilia? it would be beautiful there but i would die in the heat! LOL
    Marsha how are the girls? how are you doing? xxxx
  • Options
    thought i'd just say hi to all you ladies image
    how old are your l/o's?
    i've had pnd and been on meds for about 6 months but tbh i've prob been depressed since i had ds1 4yrs ago! now that the meds have kicked in though i'm starting to feel much better and able to cope again (at least most of the time!)
    i'm on citalopram btw anyone else?

my partner has started a new job today!! woohoo! he's been out of work for a long time and like you's have said never did anything around the house or with the kids until i got pnd and he realised that he HAD to help me.

anyway just wanted to say hi, hope everyone is feeling o.k image