Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

mood swings!

my little girl is 5 months old now and from early after she was born my moods are very up/down. i know its hormonal and tiredness but it hasnt seem to go. most of the time i feel fine but the moment i feel tired thats it and i let rip at my poor husband and its not fair on him. ive made appointment with dr which im seeing thurs though not sure if they can do anything but i hate being like this and its so unlike me. i say very hurtful things to him and its getting him down and im worried he'll leave me though he's reasurred me plenty and he's a very loving caring man. will i get over this? i hate myself right now and worry i wont be able to have another child in future simply because of my moods! xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Hun,

My little girl is also 5mths and i'm exactly the same as you my friends have told me to see the Dr but I dont see what they can do for me. Some days i'm fine then others i just cant be bothered with myself, the baby or my husband. I've still not lost all my baby weight and thats also playing a big part in how i feel about myself. I'm totally paraniod that my husband doesnt love me and that baby deserves a better mammy. Doesnt help that hubby is working away so 24/7 and seem to have to much time to go over thing in my head. Doesnt matter what anyone says I take it personal and am weepy. Surley hormones should of settled by now !!

What did the Dr say when you went??
    xx