Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Things have gotten worse

I find tis car seat awkward to fit into the car, trying to get the seat belt into the holder at the back is a pain. Also the head support for a new born is very poor.... I've had to go out and buy an extra aupport. When I emailed mamas and papas, to see if they sold anything, they siad they would reply in 48 hours.... 5 days later still waiting for a reply!!! Would not buy this car seat again and would not recommend it to anyone either

Replies

• Options
    Very poor design
  • Options
    my baby just doesn't seem comfy in it - even when I add extra supports

[Modified by: Grainneb on December 04, 2007 07:09 PM]
  • Options
    I wouldn't recommend this. The seat is very heavy, awkward to get in and out of the car (esp if you have a saflety locking seatbelt) and doesn't give very good support. The angle seems to be a poor design as my baby (and another I know) flops forward when alseep and esp when younger.
  • Options
    Its too heavy awkward to fit will only fit in both mine and my husbands car with the base baby looks very uncomfortable in this i wish i had never bought it
  • Options
    for the past month ive been living at my ohs parents house, which is in the middle on no where, no shops or anything near by. i havent spoke to my hv since i had to move out my old house (we basically couldnt pay the rent and we got kicked out) havent spoke to my counsellor or anyone that was helping me. I have no transport and my ohs parents work alot so cant ask them. My doctors is about 20 miles away so cant get a taxi or bus. I amn't helping myself because i havent even bothered phoning them to explain...i dont know what to do. I dont want to speak to anyone, I just want to be alone. My mum suffers from depression and had a nervous breakdown last week and took an overdose. She is getting help and i just feel jelous because her oh cares about her, i feel angry that no one cares about me that much because i cant tell u how many times things have got so bad that i have locked myself in the bathroom or something and hit my face and head off the walls, and basically, what i think was, had a breakdown/lost it and no one has really bothered. im isolated, and for the first time, im not doing it to myself. i have no where else to go, dont know what to do. my oh says to register at the doctors here (about 10 miles away) but i wouldnt be able to get there. what would u do? i dont know if i can admit myself to hospital when feeling suicidal (i feel like that at least once every 2 weeks) i wouldnt even be able to get to the bloody hospital. only going to be living here for another 2/3 months but realising i cant get help makes me want it even more. i dont know wot to do, dont want to feel like this anymore
  • Options
    Ok hun, you know what I'm gonna say........contact the hv that you were seeing - please. If you are unable to get to her, she should either come to you or put you in touch with a local hv who should also come to you as u are limited in accessing transport. I know you say you don't want to talk to anyone but you obviously do hun, deep down, coz you came on here.....

Having PND is hard enough to deal with on it's own but you've had a heck of a lot of upheaval recently so it's no wonder you feel so down - and to add to that ur mum's recent loss at the struggle with depression and ur virtual isolation, I can totally see why you feel so bad.

If you ever want to get things of ur chest, have a moan, I'm always around hun - have a very good listening ear and a handy shoulder if you need one. My email is colman1192@hotmail.co.uk and this is also my msn addy if you have that too. Don't ever feel alone hun, there's always someone here, listening......

xxx
  • Options
    thankyou for your reply. i have written a letter to my hv which im going to hand into my doctors surgery today as my dad has offered to take me there (she only works fridays so cant phone her). i have pretty much told her everything and i know she will organise me with my counsellor who i havent seen for a few months and the anti depressants. my dad lives sort of near my old house and he has said the hv can visit me there and that he can look after sam while i see the counsellor. i cant wait to get help, i am dying to stop feeling like this and i will do whatever it takes to help myself. i think there is a mum and baby unit near here, i know alot of people would say no but i really need a place to recover and get better, i am going to talk to hv about that because i do believe i can be a danger to myself (without sounding dramatic) i dont want to trigger anyones feelings but last night i attempted to end it. i am going to add u to msn as i need all the friends and support i can just now x
  • Options
    Hi Emilie

Fancy another friend? heres my msn addy cheriste1@hotmail.co.uk

speak soon and keep ur chin up and just holler one of us at anytime and if i am not online do leave a message and ill get back to u asap as my computer will be on but ill be offline ie doing housework and i do pop on now and again to check my emails

Take care and speak soon
    Carly xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Emilie
    I cannot even imagine how you feel but think you are absolutely amazing and so brave to be getting help. Do keep asking for help and yes, perhaps a stay on a unti may be of help. Please please don;t attempt anything ever again. There are people who love you and with your mother's history it sounds like this could be genetic zand you need some medication.
    Keep in touch x x x
  • Options
    my hv phoned me today. i wrote her a very personal letter telling her things i cant even verbalize, but somehow managed to get them out. she was very breif and formal on the phone. she said she couldnt see me and that i would have to register at the new doctors. she didnt even ask how sam was. this has put me even lower down. i have asked my mil if she can take me to the doctors at some point in the next week and she said she doesnt know if she will have a day off. im so stuck. and on top of this oh had decided to blow all our money we had to clear our debts this week (the reason we are here) on a laptop. i dont know what to do. i feel so alone, i just want to get better. i wish someone could open up my mind and realise how bad it is. i put an act and i dont think there is anyone who realises the extent its got to. i dont think i even realise, im so good at blocking things out and so used to feeling numb. i dont know what to do x
  • Options

Heya,

Just thaught you might want a friend, my msn add is
    paloma_grey@yahoo.com

Add me and can chat whenever you like hun! Even if its just to have a moan, But please, you are not isolated, theres allready 3 of us at the end of a key board!

My names claire and i'm due my first one in 3 weeks!

Claire
  • Options
    Oh hunni I really do feel for u. Although I've never gotten to the stage of feeling suicidal, I have suffered from self harming since I was about 14 yrs old. Had it under control but then with suffering from pnd I got back into it.
    As others have said am always on msn so feel free to add me n chat anytime becci.williams84@hotmail.co.uk.

Big hugs hunni xxx
  • Options
    Hiya!

You can add me too!

lee.s123@hotmail.co.uk. I am also on facebook - lee sargeant Manchester network and the photo is of my 3 sons! Add me on there too if you use it!

I am away for a few days (until Wednesday night) but will be around for you! I too felt this way about 18 months ago and tried to "end it all". But with support I got through it and will help you as best as I can.

I understand when you say you feel isolated - I live 200 miles from my friends and family and find it sooo hard, then the depression kicks in. Luckily I am getting home to them for a few days from tomorrow and then will be there once a month!

If you need me get in touch!!

Love Lee
    xxxxx
  • Options
    Hey

All the others can add me if they want as well just another friend to chat to on msn too!!!! my addy is above from my last message

take care
    Carly xxxxxxxxxxx