Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

???

from hairdresser billy & son callum
what sweet girl you have

Replies

• Options
    do you have to feel down all the time to have pnd, i was diagnose yesterday. but some days are better than others. im fine today but yesterday as bad! i feel like a fraud wen i am on a good one. anyone else feel the same?
  • Options
    I have goo ddays an bad, today has been ok but yesterday was really bad and i was in shit form all day. you can have PND and not be bad all the time, its just when you are bad you are bad and not just like a normal bad day, its like nothing can make it any better and its never going to get easier, but it does its just at the time you cant see that. x
  • Options
    I know what you mean about feeling like a fraud.
    Some days are really good, LO is happy and I'm really happy and feel like everything is ok, but then one day you just wake up and feel totally sh*t from the word go.

For me it has a lot to do with sleep. If Max has kept me up most the night I feel like crap the next day, but if I've had enough sleep I feel ok!
    Also the weather - if its raining i feel low, if its sunny - life's great!

Although LO is 6 months now and don't have many bad days at all now.
    There is hope! :\)
  • Options
    same here anatoriac! rain and no sleep set me off too! xx
  • Options
    I tried controlled crying a few nights ago and Max is sleeping through now, and its had such an enormous impact on how i feel! Its amazing.

:\) I love him so much more now! (that sounds really bad!)