Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Low energy, Low mood and feeling frustrated

Hi all, I don't have PND although I am wondering if that is what I now might have!!! For a few weeks now I'm finding everything is becoming an effort and Im tired and we go to bed at 10 and get up at 7 so am getting 9 hours. I also feel low alot of the time and have that "cant be bothered" attitude. I find excusses to not do the house work and the dinner and I expect my hubby to do it when he gets in from work. I must admit he is my rock and does so much round the house but I feel awful as I feel so lazy but don't seem to have the energy. If Im in the house for more than one day i get really pissed off and low. It's horrible as I thought if I had a good nights sleep it would shift the low feeling but it hasn't. I don'T feel like crying or hiding away but I do feel like I am struggling with Ellie and sometimes thinks she loves her daddy more than me. she is 7 months old now and is such a happy contented baby and I love her more than anything in the world but recently she's started to change and I think she's either getting a tooth or is wanting to get crawling but can't so is getting frustrated and when she's whingy I get so angry as Idon't know what she wants or how to stop the crying. Normally this wouldn't have bothered me but now it seems to. I do go out to mother and baby groups and swimming at waterbabies and try to see my mum and mil at least once a week so its not like I sit in all day every day but I just wondered if it' just a low period im going through or whether it could be PND,any advice would be great.

Gem.xxx

Replies

• Options
    i think it would be worth going to your GP i had PND with my first child and i have it again now. i dont think you always notice it straight away. so i would go talking about it might make you feel better.
  • Options
    Def talk to ur GP or HV - PND can take dif forms, not everybody breaks down into a quivering wreck lol My last bout reared its ugly head in the form of self-denial - I was taking care of the kids as was basically on autopilot but was not eating or sleeping properly so my own health was in tatters. I was also reluctant to do housework or cooking of any kind, was like a 'can't be bothered' attitude which wasn't like me at all.

Take Care, have a chat with gp or hv and just take each day as it comes xx
  • Options
    Hi Gemma, you could have PND or you could just be in a rut, i know you are busy and go and do all these things but have you and Will had any time alone recently or have you ahd any time away form Ellie at all? I know she is a good baby but sometimes that dosnt make a differance, you knwo my Ellie is a model child but this can sometimes make it harder because when she actually does cry or is in a bad mood its hard to know what to do as she is always smiling etc. I would go and do the PND score, you can get it from your HV or Gp and it can say if you have PND but i know i lied on mine and said i was fine so you might be better just going to your GP nad having a chat and telling him how you feel. You know you can always chat to me and let off steam.
    Have you though about taking a break or a holiday? even a night away with Will on your own can give you something to look forward to and maybe going back to work isnt such a bad thing, im looking forward to it so i can get some adult conversation etc.
    Sorry im not much help but please let me know when you are going to see your GP. xxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    I went and got Ellie weighed today and I chickend out at asking to speak to my health visitor!!! Bad I know. Im busy tomorrow so I will get in touch with her next week and let you know how I got on.
    Diane will and I haven't been out on our own for months now, I think valentines was the last meal out we had. I've been out with work mates for a meal but that was a bit disastourous on the conversation front and I did do some retail therapy for my birthday but again that was back in April. So I htink i'll tell Will to take me out for a meal or something soon and have some Grown up time together as a couple again.

Thanks for advice ladies. xxx
  • Options
    No prob, why not ask your mum or mil to have Ellie tomarrow night or Saturday and then just go instead of waiting? I find if you wait the oppertunity goes or you change your mind, strike while the irons hot i say! xxxxx
  • Options
    Well i've phoned my HV and am waiting for a phone call back to arrange a home visit. I feel really low today so maybe its good to see her while Im feeling like this and hopefully she'll do a homevisit today with any luck. x
  • Options
    omg i just done the PND scale online and scored 19 if it's over 10 then you have a depression type illness!!!!