Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Whats wrong with me or is it him?

Hey everyone. For eversince I have been with my bf he has been the one thing in my life that has made sense. Now after the baby has arrived I feel like I don't have the same touch as I did before. He never initiates sex. Before he told me he felt insecure cause ofmy experience before him. And then when I was pregnant he said it was cause he didn't know what up days and what were down daysand now he says his afraid of getting me pregnant again and not wanting to use condoms cause he knows I hate them when on 5 occasions we have used a condom while pregnant due to thrush. Is there something wrong with me? I cant stop crying. I cant look atmyself in the mirror without crying. I look at all the pics of his ex's before and they are all skinny and pretty.Don't need make up. And here I am feeling crappy cause I had a baby and it feels like it's changed everything....

Tell me how I stop these tears. How do I stop myself from crying and neglecting my littlegirl.When will I stop looking at young gorgeous woman and wish I was them? Rather than stuck at home with a kid.

Cheers

Tash

Replies

• Options
    Oh hun, have you been to your gp? do you think its PND or are you just worried about your bf and his ex?
    I dont really know what to say, if it were me id sit him down and have a long talk. Ask him why is isnt interested in sex and why he is making up excuses etc.
    I wouldnt worry about your nf ex, he is with you for a reason, even if she is skinny etc, my hubbys ex girlfriend was a beauty queen and was in the final for Miss Northern Ireland a few years back!
    I dont care, i am fat, frumpy but i know he loves me. I would make an appointment to see your gp because your worry about bf and wishing you were out rather than being home is a big sign of PND.
    Please please come back on here and let me know how things are going. xxxxx
  • Options
    I agree with Diane that you should talk to your GP or even your health visitor about how you are feeling. Men can be hard to work out sometimes as they tend to bottle things up but on the other hand us women do sometimes expect men to be mind readers.
    This is more info than I would tell anyone else but I NEVER iniatiate sex if I'm honest but it definately doesn't mean I don't love/fancy my dh coz I totally do. I did before we had kids, I dunno what is different but I still love him exaclty the same.

You need to forget about exs coz at the end of the day they split up for a good reason I am sure and he is with you now. I am having problems losing my baby weight this time round but am confident/ish!!! that my husband loves me for who I am and not what I look like.

Talk to your partner and tell him exactly how your feeling and ask him if he could give you a little more attention and compliments etc