Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

PND?

HI My OH has made a doc appointment for me because he thinks i have PND. WE have been arguing so much recently because he doesnt help out around the house and expects me to do everything with LO and everything else. He has started helping out a bit more but i stil feel frustrated and upset if one thing is out of place. It is stupid because I have no motivation to do anything and it takes me forever to get me up and dressed cos i would just stay in bed all day if i could which completely goes against doing everything which in my mind i should be doing. Everything gets on top of me and i am negative all the time.

I love my LO and nothing he does annoys me or anything but i always feel like i need to do everything and get so upset when i cant. i keep pushing everyone away.

Is it possible do have PND but have no adverse feeling toward your lo?

i dont think i have explained myself properly here, i find it really hard to put into words how i feel.

Sorry for the long post x

Replies

• Options
    Sorry I have no helpful words of wisdom but didn't want to r&r.
    I can realte to some of what you've said the about the stressing if things are out of place. I feel like that a lot of the time and I get cross with myself if I haven't kept the house nice.
    I also don't feel any adverse feelings towards my little boy-I think the world of him like you do your lo.
    I'm sorry I can't answer the PND question but how do you feel about going to the doctors? Do you feel it be worth while to go? Or would you be going just for you oh?
    Am always about if you want to chat hun.
    Never be sorry about long posts babe that's exactly what BE is for and why we all love it! Bx
  • Options
    Hiya

It might be worth having a quick read through this test:
    http://www.netmums.com/h/f/SUPPORT/pndtest/
    It's a general indicator of PND, it's not set in stone so it's definitely worth talking to your doctor as well. I was told (after I'd seen my doc) that it's a good idea to write a list of how you feel before you go, because sometimes when you are put on the spot you don't remember all you want to say and can come away feeling more frustrated that you haven't said all you need too.

Corinna x
  • Options
    Thankyou guys, i did the quiz and scored 21 out of thirty which is quite high. I feel ok today although LO has ben up all night in my bed...OH in spare room. has a really chesty cough. Ill go to the docs and see what he says. The appt is on monday. x
  • Options
    Hi hunni I was diagnosed with PND after my lo was born and u most certainly can have it without adverse feeling to lo. I adored my little man (still do obv) but resented oh. I would go along to docs app or even chat with ur HV about it. My lo is 15 months now and although I have a few down days every so often where things get on top of me on the whole I am such a happier person and love taking Rhys out for walks and to baby groups. hth and hope all goes well for u on Monday.
    As for oh not doing anything it took mine about 12 months before he realised just how much I was having to do and he does so much more now.
    bec x