Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How do I explain how I'm feeling to my hubby?

I don't know if how I'm feeling is PND. My lo is only 3 weeks 4 days old so could maybe still be baby blues but I am feeling really low. I'm missing my old life so much. I have an 11 year old who I was only 17 when I had. I did have depression after having her but it was on and off for 2 years and put down to my circumstances. Once I had a decent job and met my hubby any sign of depression cleared up and I've had no probs in the 8 years since.
Its the days when he's at work that I find hard. I had worked really hard before to get back to work b4 we met and had a good career and now I feel really resentful that he gets to go to work each day while I'm at home. And I resent that I'm being told to go to mother and baby groups to meet new people with babies when I have a perfectly good circle of friends at work, That is where I want to be.
I cant stop crying. At all. My hubby is trying to support me but is looking for a cause each time, asking what has set me off but I cant give him one. I dont have one I just cant stop. Then when I have an up period he thinks its over and is shocked when I go again, incredibly supportive but again trying to fix it when I dont even know why I feel so low myself other than I want my life back. I feel trapped in this house and miss everything about my old life.
I dont really know why I've put all this on here but needed to vent. Went to MW earlier but she didnt even ask how I was feeling and I didnt want to bring it up because I was in an open clinic and didnt want to start crying again. I feel really lonely with this.

Replies

• Options
    i've been diagnosed with pnd for nearly a year and o.h still doesn't really understand, so don't know if i can help with that bit!!
    you really should speak to someone about how you are feeling, could you ring your hv or make an app. with your gp? your not alone hun, there are loads of women that feel the same way you do, you need help and support to get through this phase of depression.
    it does sound like you have pnd but like you said maybe coz your l/o is so young it might just be that you haven't adjusted to it yet.
    the first few weeks/months are SO hard but we are here for you if you want to a hug or to vent how you are feeling!

it must be hard starting again when you have an 11yr old! have you been back to work to show off your l/o? or have your friends round for a bottle of wine, something to make you feel more normal! your 'old life' is still there you just have to find a balance again and make sure you are taking time for yourself too!

hope some of that made sense LOL *big hugs* hun
    how are you feeling atm?
    phone your gp/hv plz!!!!