Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Im not sure if I have postnatal depression or not? Please help

I am a mummy of 2 one is 19 months and the other is 7 months, I constantly feel guilty that I had my second so soon as she doesn't sleep very well, so during the day I have to find the energy for my eldest but I have no patience where I am tiered. Every time my youngest cries I just burst into tears and feel useless but when my eldest cries I just want to scoop her up and hug her. Also I feel like I don't love her as much and my eldest is my baby girl, I hate feeling this way it makes me cry everyday, my partner makes it hard as he doesn't understand. Someone please help if you have felt like this. 

Replies

• Options

Didn't want to read and not respond. Not going through this myself but i really feel for you. I think the best thing to do is call the doctor and arrange an appointment or speak to your health visitor. 

See what they can do to help you xxx

• Options

Hi Mummy, please take a moment and know, sometimes kids are really bloody hard to deal with and handle and it can be uttery overwhelming.

I have not had PND, but defo had a severe case of the baby blues after my first - my second baby was the worst baby ever and i truly didn't fall in love with her until she was 7months old, so please don't beat yourself up. It does take time for these kids to sleep, that's for sure and the lack of sleep can really knock us parents out. I know i'm like an angry bear if i don't sleep (like today - my toddler has the worst cold)

I know about the crying -  I would cry in the shower every day, not sleeping, super tough baby, it really can take over our emotions.

So please, know you're not alone, you can always vent here and also, defo go speak to your GP about your feelings, but most importantly, hang in there. I'm sure you're doing a great job. x

• Options

Thank you both its nice to have people that know why you are going through 😄

• Options

hang in there xx it will get better/ easier with time. Haven't felt like that myself but I have a friend who has. It really helped her to be able to speak to someone and be assured she's not alone and it is totally ok to feel like that. You are a great mum and you're doing your best. We are not perfect. Take care and all the best xxx