Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anxiety anxiety anxiety! Help

I've just had my baby about two weeks old now and I'm so in love but feeling very anxious and worried since the birth. 

My husband does not live in this country and is only here for one more week until I visit him in st.lucia in about two months and I'm wor about being alone with my little one.

I try to calm my mind and stay positive but its really difficult. I did have the baby blues and now I think it's manifested into something different and I just want to enjoy having her rather than worry about whether or not she will survive another day. I worry about people touching her or coming over to see her . 

How can I stay positive and enjoy! Please help!! 

Replies

• Options

I'm try talking to your midwife or health visitor they are great for information and support.  It's natural to feel overwhelmed, protective and scared as a new mum.  Do you have close family around to help you 

• Options

Hi there thanks for the reply, yes I do, but sometimes I feel so bar to talk to talk to them. and also I like to hear what other new mums are feeling. That usually helps, so I know I'm not alone. 

• Options

Sorry I Can't help you there I'm still yet to get my miracle.  I hope some other new Mums stop by soon 

• Options

I hope so too! Good luck with your little miracle 

• Options

Hi shaksnewmama,

I was just wondering how you are?  Having a baby causes all sorts of feelings doesn't it. It must be particularly tough with your partner being away from you. Have you been able to speak to your health visitor about how you are feeling? My baby is 16 weeks almost and like you felt anxious about many things in the early days and I never really felt I could relax and enjoy my baby. But I didn't realise there was a problem. However last week things came to a head and I contacted my Hv who was wonderful. Even acknowledging I was struggling felt good. If you are still feeling unsettled it's best to ask for help as soon as you can so you can get the support you need. Xx