Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Potty training when out

right I have got some time off and I have started potty training my son, he only started yesterday but he was more than willing to go on the potty, so far we have only had one accident and he even woke me up to tell me he needed a wee, so far so good. He is currently in pants not pull ups. I was just wondering if theres any tips for when we go out? As I am house bound this week to get training started I wondered about when we go out, do I keep pants on and hope he tells me, do I put a pull up on Incase? What? I'm worried that a pull up feels too much like a nappy and he will just do it in there hellllllpppppppp plus if he has pants on and he goes to sleep when out? X

Replies

• Options

When I was training my son I kept him in pants when out and about but took spare clothes and the travel potty with me, and kept asking him if he needed to 'go'.  The only times I put him in a pull up were nap times in his cot and car journeys of more than 2 hours as I knew he was likely to fall asleep and may have an accident then.  He was actually really good about it, when he'd been training for about 3 weeks we drove 4 hours to see my parents.  We had one toilet stop and he did fall asleep for part of the journey, but when we arrived the pull up was still dry! image

Good luck with it all. I now have a 6 month old girl, so I'll be going through it all again in a couple of years! XX