Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Should I start now or wait?

Hi, my 23mth old is being a bit of a monkey and keeps taking her nappy off. At first thats what we thought, but now it seems she takes it off when she has done something. Even just 1 wee. Should I introduce the potty or toilet into her routine or wait until she is 2 1/2 like both her sisters were? With both of them they went dry day & night within 1 week. Neither of them used to take off their nappies, so wasn't sure if she was trying to tell me something! Any help/suggestions gratefully received.
Thanks
Sam x

Replies

• Options
    Kara is 22 months and I haven't started her either as I don't think she will go on her own yet. If I was you though i think that I would start especially as she is taking her own nappy off. Its worth and try anyway sure and if it doesn't work there is no harm done as she is still young enough.
  • Options
    Hi thanks for you reply, think I will be getting a potty this weekend as today the nappy seemed to come off after every wee, and when we did a poo, she got her mat and a nappy then went and stood quietly for a minute then laid down, so I think I'm going to give it a try!
    Thanks again, Sam x