Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Going out when potty training?!

Hi everyone,
My son is 2 and 10 months and i started potty training him fully on monday, he is doing absolutley fantastically and today (day 3) he has had no accidents at all! im so proud of him.
There are a couple of things i thought u may be able to help me with
Firstly did u do when u went out at the start? Im worried as its ealry days he will jsut wet himslef if we go out anywhere?its also difficult as i have a 7 week old and am dreading it. do i just do it and he will realise after a couple of accidents?
Also he still has a daytime nap, ive been putting him on the potty before and after his nap yet he has still done a wee in the nappy when i wake him. today i have put a pull up on for his nap.
How long does it take for them to get used to pulling trousers on and off? he is more keen to just be naked at the mo and im sure this is why he hasnt had many accidents

God potty training is stresssful!

thanks for any help xxx
nat xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi,
    I totally agree about the stess!! Ive been potty trainging my ds for a week now and he was doing well just dribbling in his pants and no accidents but the last 2 days he had loads of accidents. Touch wood that so far today he has done great and not even dribbled.
    When we went out i put him in a nappy and told him its because there are no pottys up town.
    Ive now bought some of the potty training pants that make him feel wet but still act as a nappy. (i thing there pampers).
    He got used to pulling his pants up and down pretty quick but ive not put him in trousers yet. I put him in pants after a couple of days as with an 11month old crawling around as well at least they catch any poo as i do keep an eye on him but as you will know it cant be constant so i wouldnt want my lo crawling through some poo!!
    As for the nap my ds dosent have a daytime nap anymore so im not sure, but on a morning his nappy is still quite wet.
    Does he go in a pushchair when you go out??
    Holly.xx
  • Options
    HI,

DS is 32 months and we have been training for 2 weeks now, I have bought a travel potty for when we go out, he is only asking for the toilet occasionally so i make sure if we are passing a loo I go in and sit him on it. Seems to do the trick, we've not had any accidents while out, yet.

The problem we have is with No.2's, it just hasn't clicked with him yet, the difference between the 2, and he just does it in his pants. Now we have bought him a reward chart, so if he does it in his potty he gets a star on the chart, not for wee-wee's just for poo's. Only started it Sunday and we had the first pooty-poo yesterday, lets hope it continues!!

Rach