Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

fine at home.....problems once we're out!!!

Hi ladies, i am currently toliet training my 2.5yr old son. He is absolutely fine at home, will tell me he needs the toilet, stays dry and unsoiled, but as soon as we go out anywhere he frequently wee's and soils himself. this is becoming a problem at nursery too, so much so they want me to put him back in nappies which i don't want to do as i feel it would be taking a step backwards. Do any of you ladies have any ideas or sugggestions that may help me reinforce toilet training outside the house? many thanks in advance.

Replies

• Options
    Hi, I have just started with my 2 year old. She has knickers at home but at the moment still has a nappy when we go out so I haven't really got any advise. However, we have made a "Potty Chart" which is stuck on the fridge where she gets a star sticker for a wee and 2 for a poo and when she gets three stickers she gets a little treat of some sort, be it a couple of choc buttons or to watch a little TV or what ever. And that seems to have encourged her.
  • Options
    thank you ladies for your advice!!!! Sarah we already use a sticker chart, and treats, similar to the way your doing it and this seems to be working at home!!! Mandy i have just been to the shops and bought a few botlles of foamy soap, one for home, one for my bag and one for nursery, so i am hoping that this works!!! my dd was so much easier to train!!!! it's amazing how different the sexes are when it comes to toilet training!!!! lol!!!! Thank you both for taking the time to answer my query, it's very much appreciated!!!! Rachell xx