Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Potty training Q

My little boy is 2 years 5 months - 2 weeks ago I started to potty training and within two days he had got the hang of having a wee in the potty.... standing up. I didnt think this was a problem as boys do stand up and he was so good at telling me and holding it in until I got him to a toilet or potty. We go out and about everywhere and we have had no accidents, even spent two hours travelling to Scotland and back last week and he told me and held it in until I could stop.
BUT my big problem that I really dont know how to solve is poo's! he will not sit down on the potty! i even went out and bought one of those chair type ones because he is quite tall and I thought it was uncomfortable for him crouching down. He picked it out in the shop, sat on it, loved it, got it home and will NOT sit on it to do a poo. Its got to the point where he is holding it in and giving himself a bad tummy, so lots of orange juice later and a pull up on he produces a poo! I dont know what to do. He tells me he needs on but goes hysterical and arches his back if I try and sit him down and rather than see him in pain iv been putting a pull up on.

Any suggestions????