Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How do you........

Get rid of the nappy at night?

My little girl is almost 4 and refuses to wear knickers at night. weve tried a few times putting her to bed without a nappy and she just wets the bed. That was a while ago now tho. Ive brought a waterproof sheet and we are detirmined to do this but she refuses to go to bed without a nappy now because she is so scared of wetting the bed! If she has a nap during the day she will always wake up to do a wee which makes me think she is ready now but just doesnt want to do it! Arghh! Help! x x x x

Replies

• Options
    Hi we had a similar thing with my 3 year old, she was waking in the morning with a dry nappy so we tried her in pants and she was fine then had one accident and wanted a nappy for bed from then on!! In the end i took her knicker shopping to choose knickers that would be especially for bedtime and no other time. That night she couldn't wait to get into her bedtime knickers and pj's - we still have the odd accident but she dosn't get distress and i don't make a fuss i just say nevermind it was only in bedtime pants. Hope this helps Jo xx