Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

where do i start ??

hia my little boy is 2 and a half and i wanna potty train him but im not really sure where to start or how 2 carry it on i feel stupid not noing but i dont have a clue . :\? thanx

[Modified by: mummy2-89 on 04 May 2010 09:38:33 ]

Replies

• Options
    Hi if you think hes ready i would start with a potty nearby and start with him wearing nothing from waist down then if he gets that after a few days try him with pants then if hes ok with them then try pants and trousers i did this with my daughter and it worked well just keep asking every 15-20 min at first then if he gets it try making it longer then he will start asking himself i was lucky the first time i put her on the potty she did a wee and got it in just over a week good luck just be patient i also offered a bribe lol 1 choc button for a wee and 2 for a poo it worked and i phased that out after a couple of weeks she trained just before she was 2 im now trying to get her dry at night had 2 dry nights so far so still in pull ups at the moment hope this helps also if he doesnt like a normal potty there is a peter potty like a urinal google it it will come up sounds good for boys

[Modified by: 2girlywhirlys on May 05, 2010 01:25 AM]

• Options
    lol thats really good image thanks , ill give it ago. . . my little boy wouldnt say no to chocolate x