Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

No. 2's!!

Hi,my son is 2yrs 4 months and he has got weeing down to a fine art,even standing up at the toilet to do it!! The problem i'm having is that he doesn't like having a poo,he hides and does it in his pants! Any help or ideas to help would be appreciated!!

Replies

• Options
    Thanks for the reply.He actually did it in the potty yesterday so thought that was a good sign,but today he's weeing and pooing everywhere!! 2 steps forward and all that!! As long as he's dry by the time he goes to pre school thats fine!
    Good luck!
  • Options
    hi guys!
    sorry i havent got any useful advice, but its nice to know i'm not the only one with the poo problem!! my daughter is 2 & 5 months. she's been brill with wee's since june but still poo's in her knickers nearly every day! aaarrggh! i've tried chocs as a reward for poo on the toilet, little presents and she's got a sticker chart but still doing it in knickers. the weird thing is, at home she will tell me some days and do it on the toilet, then the next day, go back again. i'm getting really tired of the washing of pooey knicks now ha ha. if you manage to crack it, let me know how!!!
    naomi
  • Options
    hi

my son is 2yrs and 8 months and he has managed well with the poo so far, he is fine about doing it in the toilet, but i really want him to let me know wen he needs a wee, how shud i start him off, shud i completely tke his nappy off, so that he fees the wetness or should i take him for a wee at regulr intervals if so how often shud i take him for a wee?

plz help as i have another baby on the way
  • Options
    I would just take his nappy off completely and then he will feel the wetness and realise that he's had a wee and hopefully not like the feel of it! Thats what i did with my lo and he is dry the majority of the time now! Good luck.xx
  • Options
    Hi
    i had the same trouble, my son was 2 when his little sister was born 3 days before christmas last year, i was hiding his ull ups like you he got the peeing down to an art. He even resorted to using his newborn sisters nappies hanging by a thread!!!!!!!! i removed his pants etc and i knew he was desperate for a one so i put him on the loo and said his poo would go to the seaside low and behold it worked!!! it was hard but i got there in the endimage