Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Gap between toilet seat and bowl = wee on floor!

Hello!

Our second son (2yrs) is starting to use the toilet occasionally and we're having the same problem that we had with our first son (4yrs). They wee on the toilet but due to the gap between the seat and the bowl they can wee all over the floor which is very frustrating especially as we have another baby. We're about to change our toilet seat as the one we have is faulty. I was wondering if any of you have come across this problem and how you overcame it? Both boys use the toilet without problems so I don't want to faff about with trainer seats. Can you get toilet seats with some sort of lip to stop this? What would you call something like that? Our old (20yrs+) plastic toilet seat downstairs doesn't have the same problem but it's not something I'd choose for our nice new bathroom. Of course, we could teach them to wee standing up but I imagine that would end up with wee being elsewhere on the floor!

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Samantha

Replies

• Options
    Have you seen the toilet seats that have a kiddy sized toilet seat that sits in the lid? We have that and its great. I was going to link it but the b&q site isnt playing nice. It was about ??35 which isn't cheap but we were replacing our toilet seat anyway so figured we might as well get it. I think its great - nice & sturdy for my son to sit on, kiddy sized, puts away when he's in bed and there isn't really a gap between the adult and kiddy part.

Son has only managed to pee between teh seat and bowl once (when we were at a wacky warehouse lol) and I think it was cause his willy wasn't pointed down properly - we always try and make sure it is pointed down but its not that easy when you are trying to hold a small boy on a toilet seat without falling on a grotty public toilet floor!