Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help please

Right now you would think that having 4 children I would have this potty training lark sussed, finally after several attempts Isaac will now wear pants and will happily wee on the potty or toilet, pooing is a different story, he just poos his pants then tells me he hasnt, yesterday he had nothing on his bottom half and he went upstairs to get his swimming shorts, he came down and said "I havent done a poo" which means that he has, anyway after a moment of panic about where the phantom poo was I noticed it was still hanging there (sorry tmi) so I went calmly to sit him on his potty and he flipped and screamed and was hysterical shoutign "I dont want to poo", My question is, how do I get him to poo on his potty or the toilet not in his pants. I know it took longer with the others but it was more that they would hold out till they got a sleep nappy on then go which I could live with, then bribary worked a treat but Isaac is having none of it.

Replies

• Options
    how old is Isaac again????

I think he is about 3??? I am trying to think of solutions but I am sure you have done all the obvious. Joseph was really hard to train for poo. He is 6 and still sometimes starts to poo in his pants before he runs to the loo. I had to make a star chart and he got a sticker and a lollypop (or similar) for him and a sticker on his chart everytime he pooed on his potty. After 5 stickers he got to chose something at the 500 fils shop (?? shop to you lol) he would sit there squeezing out the poo just to get a sticker. It took a lot of patience and a lot of encouragement but eventually we cracked it. I will keep racking my brains for other ideas!

Good Luck
    d xx