Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Thank you for your replies now aquestion about poo :roll:

Thank you, I have been reading your replies all wend but havent logged on as been concentrating on the potty situation.

well wee is going fab, yesterday no wee accidents and we went round MILs, been to church group today and no probs peed in pot so touch wood all is good.

HOWEVER poo is a completly differnt matter, please please does anyone have any tips about getting them to poo in potty and not pant? my poor washing machine doesnt know what has hit it.]

xxDBxx

Replies

• Options
    no tips I'm afraid but didnt want to r and r. All I can say is that they will get the message eventually. Alice was a nightmare and it took her months to poo in the toilet, she was worse though becuase she wouldnt poo in her knickers either she just used to hold it in untill she couldnt do it anymore so would go for days without pooing, then when she did she would sob and cry, eventually I bought a book that she really wanted and told her she could have it when she pooed in the toilet, it took a bit of coaxing but we did manage it. I think poo training is harder, becuase if you think about it, when they wee in a nappy it soaks up so they dont feel wet, if they wee in pants they feel wet and its not nice so they get the message, pooin however is no different whether its in a nappy or pants and tbh Isaac loves sitting in his poo (typical boy :lol: )
  • Options
    Sorry thats a hard one I am afraid you just have to let it happen and I know how frustrating it is my son is 4 and a half and only just pooing on the toilet. We still have the odd pooh in his dry nites arg!
  • Options
    SOorry too..... my 3 year old will still rather do it in his pants, on the floor, in the garden etc..

I made a star chart and each poo got not only a star but a small gift ( i went to a pound shop here and bought lots of little things that kids love and wrapped them up) it worked mosty but like I say he still had the occasional accidents. It seems to be when he is bunged up and a bit constipated. Make sure lots of fibre and lots of water in their diet.

good luck

d xx