Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Potty training + pullups etc ?

hi

I am due to start potty training my 2 year old asap, she knows what the potty is but doesnt really like to use it much at the moment. She is currently in pampers nappies, which i am running low on & was just wondering if people have found it easier to use the training nappies or Pullups & which type are best ? i am wanting her to be out of nappies over the next few months ready for the new baby coming in the new year x

Any advice appreciated thanks

Claire

Replies

• Options
    i've just started using pull ups (my lo is 18months). i haven't tried yet, but i don't think they'd hold up to much pulling up & down for potty training. the sides do tear easily (as supposed to), so maybe the other feel n learn ones might be more suitable. xx
  • Options
    i used pullups, each nappy change i used to put her on her potty for a min, even if she didnt do anything i would praise her, then it encourages her to sit on it and adventually she????ll have a wee, as my daughter hated it at first but she uses it all the time now. gd luck hun x
  • Options
    I use the huggies training pants (the ones where the picture fades if they have an accident) on my lo when we are out & about, just incase she would forget herself, although I do just use ordinary pants when we are at home.

I was worried about confusing her as they do still feel a bit like a nappy but she seems to catch on to the idea of if you pee the picture fades. When I put them on her she even says "No peepees in princess pants!" & 9 times out of 10 there is no peepees in her 'princess pants'

I do find them a life saver & it means youre not stressing too much when youre out (though I do set her on the potty at regular intervals still) It means you can carry on with your day to day things while potty training too.

Good Luck
    Hilary x
  • Options
    Hi,
    Im potty training my 2yr old at mo. We are using the Tesco pull ups when out an about (these alot cheaper than pampers etc) and when we are home we use pants. I went out and bought her peppa pig pants which she loves!
    Only had a few accidents so far, so hoping to crack it in next few weeks.
    She gets a sweet & sticker for a wee, and a penny to put in piggy bank if she does a poo!