Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Potty Training

Sorry really don't get the chance to get on much now with work and trying to spend quality time with lo. I do pop on now and again to see how everyone is getting on, hope all is well with you and munchkins.

Question: potty training.... anyone started yet? Lexi (21mths) has been dry in the morning for the past few weeks now and this morning when coming down for brekkie was shouting peepee, peepee! Not really showing too much interest in potty atm but pretends making peeing noisey etc. Anyhoo ran it past my friend (who has 5 munchkins) and she said to stop using night time nappies now just a pampers mat as she sounds ready and this will help with daytime potty training....... and words of wisdom please?

Thanks in advance, take care x

Replies

• Options
    Dont know hun but I allways thought kids are dry during the day before u can get them to stay dry through the night?R emoving night nappies now seems very risky to me,as if it does not work it could disturbe her nights and maybe put her off pottytrainning for a while as she may get upset.It just looks like a huge leap to me and soes not feel right.Good luck.xx
  • Options
    I'm with you Sooky, but my friend who is a great mum confused me today, her youngest was dry at night before day, its all so hard eh, thanks for taking the time to reply x
  • Options
    I agree with Sooky - Poppys nappies are usually dry in the morning but is very hit and miss through the day with weeing in the toilet. I think they need to be dry in the day before attempting to take nappies off at night, apart from anything else, can you imagine how many sheets you'd more than likely end up washing!!
    I think your friends child is an exception rather than the norm for sure!!
    xx
  • Options
    hi lynne ive started only in the sense that daisy goes on the potty at every nappy change. she loves the round of aplause she gets when she has done wee wee lol but she is up down up down every few seconds!! as you have seen from my pics we have to use a book or dvd player to keep her on it . she has no idea when she wants a wee or a poo she would wear a nappy till it fell off shes just not bothered so she is def not ready for potty training but it is just getting her used to the potty. daisy ha staken to drinking juice through the night and drinks loads of juice through the day so her nappys are really heavy in a morning. im sure all kids are different and that is amazing that lexi is dry at night. pottytraining could be a breeze for you xx
  • Options
    Hi i would try her in the day first i think if she had an accident at night it may upset her so try at the weekend just take the nappy off and be ready lol Lexie got the hang of it after a week and after 3 weeks rarely had accidents shes 25months now and only has an accident if shes really tired or ill but she still has a nappy on at night she still has milk before bed which im going to stop and see if that makes any difference to the night nappy. Anyway good luck image
  • Options
    Thanks for all your replys ladies, much appreciated! Donna I know the washing machine is non stop as it is lol. Think day time is defo the way to go first will have a look at some cool girly potty/toilet seats and take it from there, think she will be into that. I shall keep you posted!