Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Potty training frustration

Sorry to drag up this old chesnut but my lo is driving me mad. He's been potty training for about a month now and was doing really well. Now all of a sudden he seems to have forgotten the words 'wee wee coming' and just stands there and wees wherever he is! We've just got home after 2 weeks holiday and my Mumm seems to think he's just unsettled but he was fine whilst we were away. I've started to wonder about putiing him back in nappies but my Husband says we just have to persevere. This is fine but he isn't the one having to wash and iron every day just to make sure we've got enough trousers and pants to get lo through the day. I'm so tired of this so maybe I'm looking for the easy way out but it really is getting me down cos I'm starting to shy away from taking him anywhere esecially if I'm on my own. Has anyone had this happen and how did it turn out in the end? :\(

Replies

• Options
    Not speaking from personal experience but on a couple of times for various reasons my friends little boy has regressed like this. In fact recently she's put him back in nappies for a couple of weeks and left it and then started again with a new reward chart (and bribe of buzz lightyear dvd when the aeroplane gets to teh top) and he's doing really well again. This morning she said he was dry all day and night yesterday.

Honestly it sounds like its just the changes that have unsettled him - and wanting to try nappies again isn't taking the easy way out - its just taking him back a step again thats all. how about a comprimise with pullups? Or maybe nappies when out and about but pants in the daytime?

hth
  • Options
    My little boy was like that - very on and off with potty training. Everytime he started to refuse going to the toilet/or potty, i'd sit him on my lap, go to my pc and show him videos on youtube of toddlers using the potty/toilet. It worked a treat and after watching other kids doing it, he wanted to show me he could do it too. He's now dry all day and I only put a pull-up on him at night time. Good luck.