Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

potties

Hi girls.

Was just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the standard cheap potty from mothercare?

I bought one for my son, but he looks so uncomfortable on it that I ordered him a Tommee Tippee Saddle Potty off the net to use instead. I can't believe that there would be a difference. Surely one potty is pretty much the same as the next one! But there really is. He sits on the new one with no problem at all and looks far more comfy on it. I've just ordered another of the tommee tippee ones so that we an have one upstairs and one downstairs without any carrying about.
Now all we have to do is crack the whole potty training thing!!!

Replies

• Options
    hi i got just a cheap one wen training my 1st i think the fact it wasnt compfy ment she moved on to the toiet really easily think she only used potty for about a2 weeks
    also i read a book wen was trining her wich said to not use pull ups and go strait to pants
  • Options
    hi, i got the cheap jungle potty from mothercare for oliver, he dosnt look comfy on it and the front dosnt seem high enough, we have to pop little man in once he is sat to avoid a wet floor.
    im hoping to give it a good go from tomorrow (fingers crossed)
    i got some night garden pants, just hope he does ok.
    xx
  • Options
    Hello all.

To Kirst3... Good luck with it! We started potty training Tom on Thursday. He's doing really well so far but I'm glad we've got lots of pairs of pants!!! The only thing is I wish more of them were Night Garden ones - they're his favourite!!!
  • Options
    Hi, I bought BOOTS cheap ??2 potty...I didn't have problems with him being uncomfy but the problem with it is it's too low at the front & the Mothercare ones are too low too - he only has a short willy (bless!) & we had a couple of accidents as wee went over the front! image
    I ended up buying the TT Saddle potty off Amazon & it is much better with plenty of height at the front, it's what my mum had for me & she still has the potty (as she never gets rid of anything!) which LO goes on when at Grandma's house that's how we knew that the TT one would be better!
    xxx
    http://bd.lilypie.com/F4kYp1/.png