Forum home Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Nuchel fold 9 weeks

Hi ladies 

I had bleeding on Thursday mainly one big gush , I went for a private scan that night and was diagnosed with a small subchorionic hematoma , which the lady doing the scan said wouldn't cause any harm , the baby measured right I was 8 weeks 6 days and 22mm. So I have just been taking it easy for that and hoping it resolves itself . 

So we thought everything was okay she then said that the nuchel fold looked proiminet/thick  for its age and this could cause a miscarriage or be a problem with the baby. My NHS scan isn't until almost 14 weeks so I have booked for a Harmony test on Saturday. Unfortunately my midwife isn't the best I haven't been able to get in touch with her since I called her over the bleeding, I called her office and spoke to another midwife on Fridays who said to just for my scan at the end of April. I have previously had a miscarriage at 6 weeks so I am pretty nervous as it is. 

So I suppose I was just wondering if anyone has an experience or advice on this ? 

Thank so much x 

Replies

• Options
    I would go and see your gp take your scan results with you they should refer you for an earlier scan. It can be a sign of down syndrome 
  • Options
    Hi thanks for replying yes I have read this and that it could mean other problems . I have now spoken to my GP and Midwife both of whom said they won't refer me for an earlier scan unless I have another bleed , this is why I have booked the Harmony test for Saturday. The problem is it is to early to measure it's not meant to be measured until 11 weeks so can't find much info out !