Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

i have a coil fitted and iv just found out im pregnant

2»

Replies

• Options
    I have had my coil in for just over 4 years and have just found out I am 8 weeks pregnant! I have 2 other children aged 13 and 5 and both were healthy pregnancies but I am terrified I am going to loose this baby. The doctor has said they are leaving the coil in and I have a scan on Tuesday to make suer baby is in the right place. I have some light brown discharge but I am so afraid to move incase

anything goes wrong. I would realy appreciate any advise that I canget from someone who is going through the same thing or has been in the past. x :?
  • Options
    Hi everyone. can u help me? I am 26 and got 3 children, 4,3 and 17 months. I had the coil fitted in march and i have bled regular every month. I bled last month but have had nothin since. I have had weird cravings and need to wee more and feel tired alot. I have got no pain no nausea nothing but i was wondering if this hapoened or similar symptoms happened before any of you found out you were pregnant. I am worried because i no my husband doesnt want anymore children( hence the coil) lol. I got pregnant on the pill and the injection with my previous children as they are 4,3 and 17 months you can see why im scared any advise would be nice.
  • Options

I'm in the same situation? I had my coil fitted in May & did pregnancy tests before I had it fitted which were negative but since I had it fitted I've gone of eggs a few times ( like I did on my 2nd baby) I keep getting light headed, I am now enemic & I keep craving Ribena? plus I've not put on weight but gone what I call thick set? which I did with my other babies. I've been getting what I think is my monthly's (well spotting for up to 13 days at a time) I've done more tests but people keep saying prehaps the coil is trying to hide the pregnancy? plus my mother in law scared me the other day as she pointed out that I had new skin patches on my face & the only time new ones have appeared is in my previous pregnancies? any advise would be great, getting abit paranoid now?

• Options

hi  im due to have my coil removed in dec  but havnt had a period for nearly two months am going to wee alot  dizzy  not eating getting pain in stomach  forgetting things  any advice  could i be pregnant after having nearly 5 years of coil fitted x

• Options

hi all, i have been on the coil for nearly 5 years now throught this i havehad my periods every month and at the end, its now been about 12 days that i havnt had my periods and have took two pregneny test but before that i drank alot of water i feel if my breasts are getting bigger and i have a little pain and i am getting tired easly though i am usally on the go do you think i would be pregeant ??? thanks for you help

• Options

Hi, I have had the coil for over a year now, I am still having periods (irregular and sometimes heavy but more recently hardly there at all.) I have done a home pregnancy test and been sent for blood tests as afew months ago (august) I was having every pregnancy symptom but they all came back negative. In the past week I have had 3 people say I look pregnant and over the last few days I have had weird butterfly feelings. Could I be pregnant or could it be something else all together? Hello please I don't know what to do or think! Thank you x

• Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 6-7 weeks pregnant following a scan Thursday just past and I have the Nova Copper coil fitted. I have two healthy boys 4yrs and 10 months. Big shock to my self and partner but now we are looking forward we are both starting to worry. One that the foil is still there, confirmed with and internal as they couldn't see with the scan. Two that they are thinking or removing on Thursday as going to see consultant. Really nervous as having pinkish miscast (sorry TMI) but no pain and no bleeding heavy I guess is a god sign. This will have been the longest week of my life honestly. The sonographist advised she can se the cords really well on the coil and that they are usually cut shorter, she believes the coil has slipped down. Very worried, trying to stay calm as story on first page confirms what ment for you, wont go by you. image

So yes it's very possible overall to all so above.
  • Options
    I have had a coil fitted in three year ago and no I'm 13 days late iv took test its negative and I'm getting heartburn and pain don't know If I'm preg
  • Options
    I had the coil fitted three weeks ago and have just found out in 6wks pregnant... The doctor didn't do a test before hand but i took a test as after the coil was fitted i started feeling really sick... Has this happened to anyone else before... Im worried the coil may have damaged the baby
  • Options

hello

I had coil fitted in dec 2013 after having a abortion, but starting to have the pregnacy feeling in my stomach, I have 2 children aged 7 and 8. I haven't bleed onc since having the marina coil fitted, what are the chances of a pregnancy? 

• Options

Please get it removed. My coil failed and got me pregnant but two days after I found out I miscarried I was 11 weeks. You do not want that. It's painful and nearly destroyed me. 

I recently has my copper coil removed though and while I was stupid and had unprotected sex with a friend I came on my period about a week and a half later but it lasted like 24hrs and was really light. Now wondering if I'm pregnant. Off to boots I go...

• Options

Hi guys im 27 and for the last week I've been extremely tired n mardy  n feeling sicky...I have coil it's been in about 2 yrs now do you think it cud be pregnancy related or maybe just run down I sleep most afternoons and I've never slept in afternoon unless im pregnant im worried and not got a chemist near by