Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

any edinburgh-ish mums??baby scans

wondering f anyone lives near edinburgh, as i am wondering about baby scans.

have been researching to get one done, as i have recently had swine flu, pneumonia and pleurisy and just feel i need to see baby again, plus we been told its a boy and id like to double check!

i am 29 weeks and as far as i can see, i can get gender scan done up until 32 weeks, so not much time left to get it done.

wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere??

laura 29 wks with no.3 xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi hunni,

I'm just outside Edinburgh. We haven't had a private scan personally, but I know of a few people who have. The places I've heard of around here are:

Babes in the Womb

Babybond

Hope this helps you hunni.
  • Options
    I am just outside the city but have booked a private early scan for a week today. It's at a place called Healthcare Now near Haymarket (you can google them). It's 65 quid but because I haven't been I can't tell you whether I'd recommend them or not!

K x
  • Options
    when I was pregnant with my son in 2008 I had an early pregnancy scan at Healthcare Now near haymarket and it was great - really put my mind at ease as i'd had a previous miscarriage.

It was much better than a NHS scan - the had a screen that they looked at but they also had a screen on the wall where you could see all the time and they were lovely.

Leah xx
  • Options
    thanks girls.

the healthcare now place in edinburgh: can you tell me what floor i'd be on for a ? i have a mega lift phobia and dont fancy walking a lot of floors! thanks x
  • Options
    Gosh Laura what a rough time you have been having, hoping the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!

I went to Babes in the Womb (near the airport) at 22 weeks it was amazing, would definately recommend (no lift's, I avoid them if possible too!). I got a reasurance scan and it was around ??70.00 but that was back in 2007.

HTH
  • Options
    That's good to know happyg! wannanother I can tell you next Tues if that helps?!

• Options
    thanks that be brilliant x
  • Options
    Hiya! Had scan this morning and it was brilliant - really pleased with the service. You have to go up a few steps to reception and then one flight of stairs to the scan room - no lift!

HTH K x
  • Options
    Hi Thanks so much for getting back to me. glad you enjoyed your scan xx

laura 30+1 with no.3 xx