Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

New, again! Concern over early symptoms.

Hi Ladies,

I'm new again after being here previously. After 2 mmc's last year I found out this week that i'm pregnant again. I'm 4+3 since lmp so extremely early days for me! I'm so nervous but at the moment me and hubby are just taking each day as it comes.

I just wanted to ask what early symptoms you got? I had hardly any with my previous pg's but for the last few days i've felt really sick (but can still eat) and had awful headaches. I'm sooooo tired, in fact i'm having a lie down after writing this as finished work early! I feel like i've got an awful hangover all the time. Isn't this too early to be having symptoms like this? Especially the nausea. I don't want to seem like i'm panicking just because of my history, well maybe I am, but I just don't know if symptoms start this soon. I'll take whatever's thrown at me though if it means the little one is growing as it should.

I hope all your pg's are going well and you've super beans in there!xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi and congrats.

My early symtoms were feeling sooo tired,sore boobies,going to the loo lots and feeling sick and a few cramps. i never got any symtoms with DD just had really sore boobies. Some women suffer terrible others have no symtoms.

I found out at 3+6 and was getting pregnancy symtoms but it was about 5 weeks when they really kicked in image

Are you getting a early scan?

Take care and lots of sticky dust.

Gem x

27+3
  • Options
    Yeah pleased to read this news!! I think your symptoms sound spot on! My first symptom this pg (3rd attempt) was sheer exhaustion! That started before I got my BFP! Hope its third time lucky for you too!!

xx

20+2
  • Options
    Hi kwn - glad to see you have your bfp! My symptoms started about 5w with terrible sickness and actually just as you describe it - a hangover without the great night out the night before :lol: so you could very well be getting early symptoms! What causes them is the hormones and obviously if you got a +ve hpt then you have enough hormones for that so not unreasonable to think you might start to feel the effects of them! Anyway that being said every PG is totally different, like you I had a mmc and 2 natural mc's before this pg and each one carried different symptoms and my lack of, or presence of symptoms did not concern the doctors at all each time. Anyway around 8-9w with this pg my symptoms started to ease off and as you would think I panicked especially after the mmc - within a few days though they were back with a vengeance! I guess what I'm saying is you really can't judge based on symptoms and you have to assume all is ok until proven otherwise otherwise I think I would have gone insane! Anyway all in all my hangover lasted until I was over 16w!!!! And boy was I glad to see it go - now I have a whole round of other symptoms! :lol: - Oh and yes, I still worry!

I hope this is your sticky bean kwn, try to stay positive and keep us updated! Feel free to ask any other questions too - I'm in DIJune.

BoB 19+5
  • Options
    Hi kwn - firstly welcome over here!! image

I've just looked back in my diary as I write literally everything down!!

My main symptoms were majorly sore boobs, bloated, a bit windy, backache, emotional, tired, a bit twingey and that was about it!!

Keeping everything crossed for you sweetie.

Zxx
  • Options
    Hi KWN - I feel the same way. Had faint positive (x5!) between last sun and weds and going to test again sun for (hopefully) a darker line... I think I will be just into week 5 but had no cycle since EPRC on 16th Dec so hard to tell. last time i had v sore boobs and tiredness but this time feel just how you describe, bad headaches and nausea but can still eat. Reading ur post has helped reassure me that this is normal, its awful trying not to worry about every little twinge :? congrats btw!, mandy x
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I slpet before until 5pm!!! And I guarantee that i'll still sleep tonight! I'm hoping that these symptoms are here already for a reason and trying to put all the twinges to the back of my mind. It's horrible that in early pg we get af like pains just to make us worry!

It doesn't look like i'll get an early scan as the doctor hasn't even reffered me to the midwives yet! And she said she won't downgrade me at work (im in the RAF)until I get to 10 weeks as the paperwork would be a waste of time if I miscarry again! I was so stunned when told this I couldn't say anything. I have got the midwives number though and my previous consultant so if I worry about anything i'll give them a call.

Mandy good luck for testing on sun, I wondered if you'd tested again yet, i'm sure you'll be getting your bfp xx
  • Options
    I did the test and its definately BFP!!! Am going to ring the doc tomorrow and hope and pray that this time it stays with me...fingers crossed!! Its so hard not to worry tho image

KWN - i know what you mean about tired, i keep on falling asleep in the day and i never do that normally lol x
  • Options
    Mandy thats fantastic news, congratulations!!!! I knew this would be a new pg for you xx