Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

little glass bottles of SMA (like at hospital)

hi for those who are organised or who have had other babies - do you know where I can buy the ready made glass bottles of formula (preferably SMA) like the ones you got in hospital with teats?

I bought these last time and they were great for first few days when i didnt want to sterilise etc yet...but i cant seem to get them this time.

I have emailed SMA directly, but i thought i might get a quicker answer on here.

Laura 29+5 with no. 3 xx

Replies

• Options
    no idea about glass ones, but you could get the single use sterile plastic bottles and sma in cartons?
  • Options
    i got ours from mothercare but i think i've seen them in asda too! hth x

34+5 x
  • Options
    I got them in Boots.
  • Options
    Iv seen them in the co-op! I was thinking about using them myself in hospital.
  • Options
    Asda sell them for ??14.99 i think. xx
  • Options
    thanks everyone thats great, im gping to stock up! provided they wont be out of date! i still have 10 wks to go xx
  • Options
    There's a really long shelf life on them. I bought mine ages ago (24 weeks, am now 37 and 6). I was having a look at them the other day when I was putting a few bits in my hospital bag and the sell-by is July 11, so any you get should give you plenty of time. Unless BF we have to take own milk to hospital, so these seemed ideal for those first few days. Good luck finding some.
  • Options
    There's a really long shelf life on them. I bought mine ages ago (24 weeks, am now 37 and 6). I was having a look at them the other day when I was putting a few bits in my hospital bag and the sell-by is July 11, so any you get should give you plenty of time. Unless BF we have to take own milk to hospital, so these seemed ideal for those first few days. Good luck finding some.
  • Options
    Is that every hospital where you have to take your own milk? I wasnt going to bother as when I had DD it was provided by hospital but that was 2 years ago.
  • Options
    I'm not sure angel eyes. I know its a policy that recently came in at mine, but the only reason I do know that is because I work there, and had to prepare the leaflets and publicity for it etc. The reasoning behind it is to promote BF above forumla. I know there are plenty of hospitals that have done it previously, so it may be worth checking locally. Its part of the Unicef Baby Friendly Breast Feeding accreditation programme.

I do know that at mine, even though they tell mums to bring own, they will keep a stock just in case for any reason mums can't BF or don't bring their own. Bubs wouldn't starve! But they don't advertise this for obvious reasons or nobody would bother.

I'm going to give BF a go (not overly keen, but will force myself to start off with - i know we've all talked about it at length in DIF), but will have a small supply of these bottles in my bag just in case - I've no excuse about not knowing seen as though I wrote the leaflet ha ha!

• Options
    i am in scotladn and i am pretty sure that all hospitals here supply milk, certainly the two that i have been in.

I suppose it is a good way to encourage breast feeding, but BF isnt for everyone and often due to mum's health it just isnt possible x
  • Options
    And asda do cow and gate. x