Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

sure start and HIP grants

Hi I have sent away the forms for both of these grants, and today phoned to check the progress of the two. The sure start one was a nightmare to get put through to the right person!! and after all the money i must have spent being put on hold so many times, they said my claim isnt on the system yet!! they are going to phone me back within 3 hours once they know more, hmm, whatever that means!

the HIP ones were more helpful and the first person i spoke to could help me, but he also said i hadnt been processed yet, although i AM on their system thankfully.

Both said it can take 6 weeks to get the money. I really wasnt expecting it to be that long. I only have 9.5 weeks left, so i could have only 3 weeks to go when i get the money. I was really relying on it to pay off my pram and cot that need to be paid by end of feb.

Just wondered if anyone is a bit further than me, and has already received theres, and how long did it really take? I stay in Scotland so maybe its diff here i dunno

Laura xx

Replies

• Options
    HIP took 2 weeks from sending the form off to getting the money in the account. Sure start maternity grant took a week and a half after sending the form. Did you send the sure start maternity form straight to the right department or did you hand it in at the jobcentre plus? The latter one can delay the whole process with at least a few days.

Once they receive it and look at it, the payment is really quick, but definitly count on about 2 to 3 weeks before checking up on them. There is no point in trying to phone them earlier. My experience the first time around was really quickly with it and this time as well.
  • Options
    hi, they say up to six weeks as there can be delays, but both my ssmg and hip were in my account within 10days-2weeks...but i did put the ssmg into the jobcentre, rather than posting. x
  • Options
    Both my surestart and HIP forms took 7-14days I think my surestart was quicker then HIP as it was before christmas i sent away for that. My surestart was 10days from sendin to getting the letter to the money being in my account which was yesterday image I duno what to spend it on now lol
  • Options
    I returned my HIP form using the guaranteed next day delivery service with Royal Mail as I had seen posts on here about the forms going missing according to HMRC. I received the money in my account less than a week after them receiving my form.

I dont think I qualify for the sure start one so I havent even bothered applying for that one so cant say.

• Options
    Hi sorry im gc from ttc but I thought they were stopping HIP grants? great if not! x
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, HI Fiona, they are stopping them, but as long as your reached 25 weeks before JAnuary 31st? or sometime in january not sure exactly then you will qualify xx
  • Options
    You had to be 24+1 by the 31st of Dec to get the HIP grant. I made it by two days image

Gem x

28+2
  • Options
    Yep health in pregancy grant has stopped now. I asked on Monday when i went to see my midwife. Would have been a nice little bonus, but thats what my luck is like!
  • Options
    The sure start maternity grant has been changed now, if its your second or more baby you have to be due before or on the 11th of April or you don't get it! The elements to qualify for your first baby have also changed too.

xx
  • Options
    I posted my HIP form and was paid the grant 8 days later so it was really quick for me! I used mine for reusable nappies too x