Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Stomach pains

Hi ladies

I got my BFP on Friday and went to the doctors, who said I am 6 weeks pregnant image

I have been having period like pains on and off for the last couple of days some of them have been quite mild but others have been quite strong. Is this normal?

This is my first pregnancy so I'm not really upto speed with this sort of thing so any advice would be a great help.

Em x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Em (from another Em!)

It is normal to get period pains around the time when your period would have been due - I had this second time round and some very light spotting as well which was also normal. If the pain is getting really severe or if you are worried about bleeding then I would contact your midwife just to put your mind at rest. Hope that helps!

Em (37+5) x
  • Options
    i had some cramping until about 8 weeks. apparently its stretching. i wouldnt worry unless the pain is very severe or with bleeding.
  • Options
    Hey Em,

Im nearly 10wks and ive had these type of pains on and off since about 6 weeks.

I have had 2 scans and baby is fine the nurse just said its stretching pains where your tummy is beginning to prepare itself for whats about to happen, and its safe to take paracetamol to ease the pain.

=) Xx