Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Food question - steak!

I should probably know this but if eating fillet steak do I need to order it cooked well done? I'd normally have it medium but then its still pink so is that not advisable in pregnancy? :?

Thanks x

Replies

• Options
    I've had steak twice in this pregnancy both time's i've cooked it and I usally have it medium i think aslong as there isn't blood in the juices you should be fine image
  • Options
    Yep, I think it's so long as there isn't any blood in the juices then it is fine. I stuggle as I like steak rare and it just isn't the same more well done.

I find eating out when pregnant just isn't the same as all the items i'd usually choose from the menu first I can't have and then the things I'm left with sound just so unexciting - shouldn't complain though - it's a small price to pay image
  • Options
    GC - If it's a steak you just need to make sure it's entirely seared on the outside, it's only mince etc that needs to be cooked through. (according to the food standards agency). x
  • Options
    Ooh great, medium it is then! (Might ask for medium to well done just to be sure image )

I'm not a big steak fan really but am going to a gorgeous restaurant next week and its the only place I have fillet steak as I just love it there.xx
  • Options
    I had a steak in a restaurant on Sat. I would normally have it medium but ordered well done just incase. It broke my heart! :cry:
  • Options
    I've really tried to avoid steak since i eat it rare but have had it twice but only at restaurants where i can trust they will sear it properly! and i've stepped up to medium as a comprimise.

Emma.xx