Forum home› Pregnancy› Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

moisturising creams

Hi Ladies, can anyone tell me what moisturising creams they are using that are not 2 pricey, that help prevent stretchmarcks etc. I have being using palmers and baby oil.

Replies

• Options
    In my last pregancy I used bio oil which I had heard great reports about.

As much as I hate to say it though, despite using it, I had huge stretchmarks!

2 and a half years on though and they have faded quite significantly if that is of any comfort to you. xxx
  • Options
    Hey, for me its either bio oil, or palmers cocoa butter. both lovely prodcuts, but unfortunately...... if your gonna get them... your gonna get them, but keeping the skin super moisturised will help loads.

• Options
    Palmers for me twice a day I was lucky and escaped without any hope i'm as lucky this time. I agree though if your gonna get them you'll get them I have today bought some oil from ASDA its there own brand and it smells lush x
  • Options
    I'm using a mix of Palmers and Bio oil twice a day - I've found that mixing them together makes them rub in much easier!! No stretch marks so far but I am prone to them so its only a matter of time...xxx
  • Options
    i used palmers cocoa butter with my 1st pregnancy all the time morning day and night from the moment i pretty much found out and i still got some stretchmarks, but i have bought it again with my 2nd hoping it will at least help as its not to expensive lol x
  • Options
    i used palmers cocoa butter with my 1st pregnancy all the time morning day and night from the moment i pretty much found out and i still got some stretchmarks, but i have bought it again with my 2nd hoping it will at least help as its not to expensive lol x
  • Options
    im on body shop body butter, cocoa butter, though will prbably have to move to palmers at some point due to price! I put it on tummy, boobs, thighs and bottom after morning shower and the next morning im sitll a bit sticky (sorry if tmi) but clearly keeping me nice and supple. I agree, if its in your DNA not much you can do about it but at least you'll know you've done all you can if you keep applying religiously! x
  • Options
    Alfie222 - I use body shop's cocoa butter too and find that I'm still "lubed-up" the next day! But as you say, I take that as a good thing. Although was quite embarrassing to have a sticky tummy for the midwife the other day!

I'd heard that its inherited whether you get stretch marks or not so I'm not buying anything specific. I alternate between the cocoa butter and Banana Boat Aloe Vera moisturiser that I have tonnes of left over from using it as aftersun on our honeymoon.

When do stretch marks start appearing? None yet for me (touch wood!) and certainly have a decent bump.
  • Options
    in my last pregnancy I lathered on the bio oil and intensive nivea moisteriser and still got a few small stretch marks.

This time i'm using a mixture of bio oil, moisteriser and baby lotion, but I fully expect more stretch marks as I have grown so quickly this time.

I think its genetic, if you're gonna get them no amount of lathering will stop them !
  • Options
    A mix of bio oil and good ol' astral cream. Cheap as chips and makes my tummy really soft. I think it will be a miracle if I dont get any stretch marks because I had them on my hips and boobs when I was growing up. They faded so much you cant really see them though which is good xx
  • Options
    I used everything going first time and ended up with loads. Havnet used a thing this time, just cream as normal as a moisturiser which I always use pregnant or not and at 36 weeks dont have one stretch mark (old ones still lightly visible though) Weird or what? It's all down to genetics x
  • Options
    im using bio oil twice a day. its my first pregnancy so well see how well it works. i also think that its impossible to prevent them though, its just the way your skin is. i think regularly to avoid excess weight gain.