Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

cbd test still only showing pregnant 1-2 weeks :(

anybody had this before?

i tested last week got pregnant 1-2 weeks even tho im now about 5 and a half weeks. cant be sure of my dates i had mc last month.

im going for my bloods to be checked at the hospital tomorrow to check if everything is ok. Im so scared they will say my baby isnt growing.

im going out of my mind image ive also got a chest infection and feeling rubbish.

xx

Replies

• Options
    When I went to my very first doctors appointment at 4 weeks and 2 days, she asked me how many tests I'd taken and what type. I told her I'd taken 4 dfferent ones including a CBD. The doctor agreed four positive tests meant that I was certainly pregnant, but warned me not to take any more tests, especially the digital ones. Her reasoning was that the week counter was no where near accurate and could change depending on how hydrated your pee is. So, try not to worry (easier said than done I know) and stop taking tests. You have got to relax and try to be positive. Focus on eating healthily and getting plenty of rest. I know it seems hard, and with every thing you have been through you are bound to be nervous, but you must try not to worry yourself too much. xxx
  • Options
    Hi Jenjen

I find all tests a bit rubbish. I am currently 26 weeks and did tons of tests at the start with no results and different dates showing on all of them. I think it just depends on the amount of hormones it pics up and every women is completely different. No test would even give me a positive till I was 6 weeks even though I knew I was defiantly pregnant, my doc just said most the shop bought tests are designed to pic up very high levels of hormones and the ones the docs use are much more precise. The only way you can be sure of how far along you are is if you know the date of your last period or they will do a dating scan and measure the babies size, they will only know if it is growing properly once you have had more scans and they compare the time between scans and the size they measure. I am sure you just have a normal lower hormone levels than other women but this does not mean your baby isnt growing well, it takes a good 12-15 weeks for the hormones to sort them selfs out (this is what morning sickness is, hormone imbalance) but once it all gets on track it will be fine I am sure.

XX