Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help!

Hi everyone,

Hope you're enjoying the bank holiday weekend, i've got a really embarrassing problem - i can't stop having the sh*ts!!

I'm so embarrassed and know it's normal for some women but it's affecting me all the time - going out with friends esp. if we go out for a meal!

Please pass on any advice if you can, i would really appreciate it.

xx

Replies

• Options
    I don't have any advice November but I do have the same problem. Its only started the last few days but like you say its all the time. Didn't get this with DD so am unsure how best to deal with it. Hopefully someone else will know image

Jen x

31+1
  • Options
    What's your diet like? If you can reduce the wholemeal side of your diet it may help so switch to white bread and avoid too much dried fruit and museli type things. Also avoid too much fat and refined sugars, so avoid fried and processed foods and shop bought confectionary.

Good foods which are still healthy are jacket spuds, white fish, lean white meats and low fat dairy etc

Bananas are also good and I would avoid or limit citrus fruits and anything with lots of small seeds or pips

If its prolonged though I would speak to your MW or GP as you may want their reassurance.

Hope this info helps.

I'm 25+6 and have levelled out now but had this really bad in the first trimester which was completely opposite to how I was with my first pregnancy so it came as a bit of a shock.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the advice, it is starting to go a little bit although does come back some days.

Nearly 12 weeks now so hoping my body is getting used to all these hormones!

Will look into my diet more too as i have a lot of wholemeal food like brown bread and cereal with a lot of fibre in and quite fancy a banana now i've read it instead of raspberry's i've been having!!

Enjoy the sunshine ladies and thanks again

x image x
  • Options
    Hi november, when I had this with my DD it was partly due to dehydration and I wound up in hospital on a drip one weekend. Advice I was given at that time was to drink plenty of fluid to replace the moisture lost with the 'trots', eat jacket potato for snack during day and keep toast dry (no butter or marg) until normal movement returned. Hope this helps some.