Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Seeing the Bigger Picture

Hi Ladies

Is anyone else finding it hard to see past their pregnancy as it were?

Let me explain, I'm just over 30 weeks and although I can see me having my baby and bringing her home etc, I really can't seem to visualise her being 1 or 2 years old. I can't picture what she will be like. It's weird!

I guess its because she's my first, I have nothing to go by.

I so can't wait to meet her now!

Anyone else feel the same?

Zxx

Replies

• Options
    Sadly I'm the opposite and driving my husband crazy, I've already been mentioning nurseries and even primary schools but then I do have my 16mth DD around in these conversations too. Don't let it concern you though, before you know it baby will be here, then you'll start hitting those milestones and wondering what happened to that precious bundle you first cuddled after delivering. image
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about trying to imagine it, the time will fly by so fast!! My dd is 2 and now I find it hard to remember what she was like as a newborn!!
  • Options
    Hey Z,

This is my 1st too and i feel exactly the same, at the moment i cant see past the labour :lol:

It kinda feels like we are buying all the bits for someone elses baby

xx
  • Options
    I felt exactly like this with ds who is now 19 months old!

Funnily enough only the other day i said to hubby "remember when we couldnt picture what B was going to look like etc" Now I can hardly remember him being so small, time flies. Its exciting trying to imagine what features the baby is going to take from each parent! I imagined B to have dark hair and brown eyes like his Daddy but he has sandy blonde hair and blue eyes!

xxx
  • Options
    to be honest I can't quite imagine having a newborn whereas having a 2-8year old seems easy to imagine as I have looked after many children in that age range...

Am sure we will all manage every stage just fine

• Options
    could never imagine having a little girl or little boy in a million years. Cant even imagine a baby in arms at the moment! I think thats normal with your first x
  • Options
    I was the same, still am a little with picturing my 18 month old as a talking little boy, then at school, then independant and a teenager... basically I can't picture anything beyond where I am. If I do it freaks me out no end and scares me! I panic I won't cope, but then I felt like that when AJ was new and I tried to picture him crawling or toddling, but each day breaks you in lol it goes at a nice pace that before you know it you're there and its great xxx
  • Options
    im on baby no4 and im 32+5 and i cant imagin having a newborn again, i have DD1 - 5yrs, DD2 - 4yrs, DD3 - 1yr and we sorted out the room that the baby and DD3 will be using as we havent got his cot yet we'v put his moses there and i find myself looking at his cloths and moses and i just cant picture a baby there again..............you'd think id be used to it by now? but i had this with DD3 too i just couldnt picture having another.

Im so excited to have him here and absolutly over the moon were haing a little boy and so happy he's our last baby too as i can focus n spending time as a family and wathing all our beautiful children grow up, but i just cant picture him here, roll on 6wks when im having my section it will definalty kick in then, I hope. lol.

xxx