Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

28wk M/W apt - some questions....

Hi, wonder if anyone can help? I went for my 28 week apointment with the midwife today and she examined me and said that the baby is breech. I know that my baby still has plenty of time to turn and she did say that its nothing to worry about yet, but she wants to keep an eye on it. However, because I was a breech baby and my mum was a breech baby, she has said that she needs to note it in my file 'just in case'. So, question one is this: if I need a C-section what week in pregnancy do they normally book it in for?

The other thing was my blood pressure. I have always had relatively low blood pressure, but it has increased from 104/68 at 9 weeks pregnant, to 138/78 today. She said it is in normal range but checked twice as it was 'high for me'. Should I be worried? Is there anything I can do to lower it? I know I should have asked her, but instead I sat there like a big dumb idiot and said no when she asked me if I had any questions!!

Would really appreciate any input anyone has to offer! xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Glitterbug, I've not had c-sec myself but my mum and sister both had c-secs. Generally if they do feel you need one they like to try and do it before you go into labour so anytime between 36wks to 39wks is a normal guideline to expect to receive a 'date'. As for blood pressure lavender is an old aromatherapy cure thought to help, either steam inhaled or applied by compress to your pulse points. Hope this gives some help.
  • Options
    Hi, Where I live c-sections are booked at 38 weeks. You will be spoken to about having the baby turned before they will opt for a c-sec. I think people forget that a section is a major operation and with 6 weeks healing time I would personally do anything to avoid one. As you have said your baby has plenty of time to turn yet and more that likely will. My daughter was breech at 35 weeks and turned no problem at all xx