Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I'm such a div! Scaring myself silly!

Hi girls,

I've not been on here in ages but need somewhere to write down my feelings!

As you all know I lost my little boy Ian at 20 weeks after my waters broke, he was my first pregnancy! After Ian I had a MC at 5 weeks!

I then went on to have a third pregnancy and had my lovely little girl, she was born at term, no issues throughout the pregnancy!

My fourth pregnancy ended in MC at 7 weeks!

I'm now 8+3 and due in December!

In the past I've always been allowed early scans to put my mind at rest but my local hospital recently closed down and our nearest hospital won't grant me an early scan due to bot having had 3 MC in a row!

I'm scaring myself silly and convinced myself that when I get to have a 12 week scan there will be no heartbeat!

My doctor told me that once you get to 8 weeks and see a heartbeat the risk of MC drops, but I don't even know of baby has a heartbeat or not!

Oh I'm such a div, I so wish I could just enjoy a pregnancy!

Becky xxx

Replies

• Options
    Oh Becky, I think nearly all of us worry until our scans are completed and our minds are put at rest. My 1st pregnancy I breezed through without any symptoms other than fluid retention in my 3rd trimester and assumed this one would go the same. Alas no, I had bleeding throughout my 1st trimester and was scared stupid something would go wrong despite having Mw and GP telling me all was ok. At my 12wk scan they said I had low lying placenta which could be the cause of the bleeding, again panic set in. Still at 15wks all bleeding stopped and there was definite movement from bump. Now I'm 23+2 and my placenta is laying in the middle of my back and all is as near normal as if I'd dreamed it all. I can appreciate it must be nervy if you've experienced problems in the past but you have a beautiful girl, you can surely have another.
  • Options
    oh sweetheart - you have every right to worry. I cannot believe they arent scanning you - i would go to your Drs nd explain. The only other option is a reassurance scan privately. I know they cost but if you can then it would put your mind at rest.

ps i am due in january!!!

pps OMG how gorgeous is your beautiful little lady x
  • Options
    Hi Becky, I know how you feel and I'm sure we are all the same. I am currently 10 week pregnant and due in December as well! I lost my son George last April at 24 weeks due to premature labour (cause not known). Although I have got the support of a bereavements midwife who is excellent and as arrange early scans and consultant care, I still worry myself silly and won't be happy until I finally get to take my baby home. X
  • Options
    Hi Becky,

Long time no speak, congratulations on the pregnancy!! I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you. I don't think anything i say will stop you from worrying, but can you afford to have a private scan? I think thats the only thing that will put your mind at rest. Of course, your post was 2 weeks ago so you may have already had a scan....

Keep us posted on your progress xx