Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant again following miscarriage

Hi

Not sure if this is the right/best place to post but thought I would give it a go.

I have just found out that I am pregnant again following a miscariage 9 weeks ago. I have had 2 mc as well as a successful pregnancy (my dd is now 2yrs old).

I am just really looking for any support or advice that anyone may be able to offer. I want to be excited and happy but I really feel that my past experiences have totally taken the shine off this pregnancy. I don't want to get my hopes up but at the same time I can do nothing else but think about it. I keep wondering about every twinge I get and worry about every twinge I dont get.

I'm really not sure if I should be trying to take it easy (difficult with a toddler)!! or if I should just carry on as normal. I like to go out running but haven't been since getting my BFP. Got a doctors appointment next week so no doubt she will answer the million and one questions that I have.

Have any of you ladies experienced mc? if so did you opt for an early scan? I'm not sure if it something that would even be offered to me but I'm not sure what I would do if it were. I had a scan at 10 weeks before finding out that my baby had stopped growing at 8.5 wks. It was heartbreaking and i'm not sure I could go throught that again. I feel ill at the thought of even attending a 12 week scan, although I know I will have to. If I do choose to have an early scan I know it can be too early to see anything and would have to go back at a later date. Maybe I should just wait out until 12 weeks and assume that as long everything is ticking along that the baby is all fine.

So sorry to go on, but I had to get that off my chest as it is all I can think about at the moment.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hey, sorry to hear about your MC, but also congrats on youre pregnancy. Ive never experienced a mc but know a number of friends that have and they say how heartbreaking it is. Its understandable youre very worried, although Im not sure if it would be better to get the early scan or wait for the 12 week one. Sorry Im no help at all. Although there is a forum on here for pregnancy after mc and Im sure there are lots of ladies on there that would be very helpful. Best of luck, and I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy xxx
  • Options
    Hi hun,

Firstly, congratulations on your pregnancy image and I'm sorry to hear you had a miscarriage.

I've had 3 miscarriages in the past, the most recent one was in Feb. After the m/c in Feb I fell pregnant again straight away, and am now 14+3 with twins! I've got 4 children already so having twins was a bit of a shock!

With regards to an early scan - see what your doctor says. Depending on where you live, some docotrs refer you for a re-assurance scan, although this doesn't happen in all areas. If it were me personally, I would wait until the 12 week scan. Hopefully all will be fine when you go and you'll get to see your little bean moving about all happy and healthy!

Try and relax as much as you can but dont stop doing things altogether (not that you can rest much with a little one to run after!).

Wishing you a happy & healthy pregnancy xxx
  • Options
    Hi everyone

Thanks so much for your kind replies and advice. I am still feeling worried and anxious but I guess that nothing is going to change how I'm feeling. I just feel that the joy of this pregnancy has been stolen by my previous 2 mc.

It feels like such a long time to wait to the 12 week point and a dating scan and until I have been through that I won't be able to relax at all.

Im only about 4.5 weeks now and not really experiencing many symptoms. I know it's still quite early and there is plently of time for morning sickness ect but its just another thing to worry about.

Going to inform my doctor next week, it probably sounds stupid but I want to make it all official just incase the worst happens again.

Thanks again for all your kindness xxx