Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Reduced movement at 27 weeks?

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help (I normally post in Sept 2011 thread)

The last couple of days I've noticed that movement has been less frequent and when baby does kick, it's not as strong or for a prolonged period of time. I'm comparing back to around the 23-26 weeks mark when baby would kick for ages and my bump would move around.

I know that movement reduces nearer the end as baby has less space but i'd have thought this was quite early to be running out of room? This is my second but I just can't remember what it was like at this stage last time.

Any thoughts greatly received, Peanut xxx (27 weeks)

Replies

• Options
    hiya

i think it's normal for babies to have quiet times. i remember there were times when lo would kick for britain and other times she'd hardly move. maybe it depends on what you eat, how busy you are. If you think about, if you're sat at a desk or on the sofa, you are more likely to feel bubs move but if you're really busy rushing around then you wouldn't notice the movements as much. could that be it? I wouldn't worry about it. Perhaps bubs is just chilling. as long as you don't have any bleeding or pain then try not to worry chick. x
  • Options
    Hi as above poster said baby is probably just having a quiet moment BUT i would always suggest to people to ring midwife and ask for their advise, they 100% wont mind at all and would always rather you ring in any case like this,just to be on the safe side (not saying there is anything wrong btw), so personally i would ring mw/maternity unit and ask them what they think is best (they might ask you to do a count of kicks over a certain period of time or they might ask you to pop in and see them so they can listen in on baby just to put your mind and theirs at rest)

let us know what you decide to do

xx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I've felt baby move a couple of times in the last hour but as seems usual at the moment, just one kick at a time. Will see how things go and ring in the morning just to put my mind at rest I think. I hate to feel like I was making a fuss over nothing.

Really appreciate your advice xx
  • Options
    hun never feel like your making a fuss, i put hand on heart and say no midwife will ever think its a fuss over nothing-its your baby and your just doing your job at protecting him/her, they honestly would rather you rang every week then 1-be at home worrying, 2-heaven forbid, have something go wrong.

hope baby is back to big kicks and full of movement soon!

• Options
    Thanks so much for the support ladies. Baby's been a little more active today, although still not like it was in those weeks I mentioned before. However, I'm happy that there's been the 'recommended' amount of kicks in a certain amount of time. Seeing midwife on Friday so will mention it then as long as I don't have any concerns before that.

Again, many thanks, much appreciated xxx