Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

sick of the questions.....

For some reason the last two months i have grown what looks like a 4 to 5 month bump and all i get from people is how far along are you? i feel stupid when i say nearly 3 months and have found myself adding a few weeks to strangers as everyone looks dissapointed and shocked when i say the real amount gone. Its making me feel really down as a so called friend even said...oh your eating too much....nice thanks for that...no im not eating anymore or less than i was before, im a size 12/14 and have never been huge, nor very slim had a bit of mummy tummy but nothing to write home about...im even starting to worry that there is something wrong with me? did anyone else have this? or am i really just getting fat? image

Replies

• Options
    i know how u feel hun!! i am 15 weeks and look massive! i was a size 10 before and now i cant get in any of my clothes!!! People r asking if i am having twins, or if they have got my dates wrong, its sooo annoying!!! The way I set it im pregnant and am going to get bigger. I had real issues with it before and now i have the angelsounds doppler and whenever i feel low i pop it on and then i dont feel bad anymore and it reminds me why i am expanding at a rate of knots!!!

Try and keep positive i know its hard u will turn a corner and find it easier to accept!! i didnt think it would ever happen but it has for me now!!

xxxx
  • Options
    I'm exactly the same hun. Told my boss that i'm pregnant the other day and her reply was that she thought so for a while and patted her stomach and made bump gestures! Bliming cheek, nope maybe i've just put on some weight cs i haven't been pregnant for that long, grrrr!

• Options
    oh i had the food comments too! its totally insane and it really shocked me how rude people are to you when youre pregnant. the only thing you can do is smile and try to ignore the comments. although i found it very difficult to be honest. you already feel big when youre pregnant so people telling you you look huge really doesnt help. sorry, i have no words of wisdom. xx
  • Options
    It's annoying but becomes like water off a ducks back eventually! My mother in law was obsessed with the fact I must be having twins, after my first scan she thought they had probably just missed the second baby! As it turns out I'm definitely having the one, and I just carry massively obviously!
  • Options
    Hmm, how can I put this politely.... bollox to them!

Everyone has an opinion when you're pregnant, but none of it matters. People's bumps vary a lot - some have a lot more waters than others, some people have very tight stomach muscles, blah, blah... ignore them if you can hon, your bump is beautiful cos it's got your baby in it!

xx
  • Options
    With DD I had family and friends telling me I was pregnant and 'showing' before I'd even taken a test at 6wks into term. My mother took me to the GP and was expecting her to say I was further along because she felt she could visibly see a bump and it was 'so obvious' I must be at least 10wks into term but no I was 6wks and gave birth after my given due date to a healthy 9lb baby. This time around, it's been complete opposite as I dropped a dress size during 1st trimester it was 'you can't be'. Only now I'm 28wks and sporting a perfect 28 bump are they actually saying 'Oh how cute, you really are pregnant aren't you'. Can't win either way. :roll:
  • Options
    its quite bizarre isnt it how whenever you say how many weeks you are people look disappointed like is that all.....i told someone the other day that im not an ffing fan assisted oven. im happy being where i am although i would like to get to 14 weeks and have had my rather annoyingly late dating scan and feel a bit more pregnant and hopefully that all is ok in there. I try to shrug off the comments but its always niggling in my mind that im getting too big too quick because i have ice cream and chocolate sometimes or kfc after a day out but ive always had that....im sure ppl just love being bitchy and nasty sometimes......nevermind im planning to do curves or zumba afterwards im really gonna try to get thin again after this one.....famous last words lol
  • Options
    i wouldn't worry, i was very bloated in the early stages of pregnancy and my bumb looked quite big but now its transfromed in to quite a neat looking bumb x
  • Options
    I'm only 8 weeks but already looking at maternity clothes. I've only told one close colleague at work and paranoid the others, including my boss, have guessed! With my DS I wasn't really showing til 14 weeks, and even then only if you looked closely, this time I've already got a bump shape! hubby thinks i might have twins in there! I have relaxed my diet but not to the point that I'm eating loads of crap, just having the odd packet of crisps if I feel like it, but then have given up alcohol so figured it would balance itself out! Oh well!

just to say you're not the only one and we're all made differently, and we really shouln't let people get to us! With my DS at 15 weeks, a woman said she thought I was more like 25 weeks, but as I'd only just started showing think she was just being a b***h!! At the end of the day if the doctors and midwvies are happy, then everyone else can just go to h........!
  • Options
    Aww dont worry about it, some people are just really incosiderate. My mother tells me on a regular basis im getting fat and I eat too much (I was eating stacks haha) then the other day in work after a week of eating salads, I had a McDonalds and one of the girls commented on the fat I dont stop eating and was gonna be massive image also one of the larger fellas told me all I do is eat to which my reply was 'Did I not just see you stuff your face with a fry? no matter how much I eat I'd still have a long way to go to catch up with your belly' that stopped him haha xxx
  • Options
    It is nothing to do with what you are eating, according to my mw it is to do with tummy muscles. If you have strong abdominal muscles it holds your bump in for longer and if you don't you look pregnant faster xx
  • Options
    I'm only 15 weeks and have already had comments like that. From an almost complete stranger, I was told off for giving in to hunger pangs ''I didn't need to eat like that when I was pregnant with all my children. That weight will be hard to come off you know afterwards!''. Grrrr!

I've decided to keep a record of all the comments people make for a future laugh - so now I'm welcoming any comments so I can add them to my collection, ha haimage
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, my MIL (lovely lady that she is), said to me when I was about 8 weeks,'Oh look, you're getting fat already' image After being really quite nauseous and not being able to eat, I had dropped half a stone in the 4 weeks since BFP,so definitely NOT getting fat!! I could actually fit into some of my smaller sized clothes!! A couple of weeks later in-laws had been looking after our DD's, and FIL was messing about with one of them pointing out her 'fat belly' (she's 3, bless her, and really proud of her little belly :lol: ). MIL (again!!) said 'It's ok, your mummy will have a fat belly soon enough...just you wait and see!!)

People don't think, but I just wish they didn't feel the need to say something about my weight, just because I'm pregnant! They never said anything before!

Jo xx
  • Options
    I don't think you can win either way, I went for a bra fitting at about 15 weeks and the woman doing the measuring told me there was no way I was 15 weeks I was far too small I had to have it wrong. I was very glad when the midwife managed to find a heartbeat the next week I'd been worrying about something being wrong ever since. At 18 weeks I was in the same shop buying some maternity trousers, whilst queuing to try them on the woman working there (who I swear was the same woman) asked how far gone I was and then told me eating for two doesn't mean two full adult portions and I must have been eating loads to be as big as I am, that or I'm further on than I think.