Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

bouncing chairs/vibrating chairs/swinging chairs?????

Hey Ladies!!

Just wanted to start getting organised for bubs arrival. Was looking at bouncy chairs but there are so many different types. So any recommendations? Or what are you planning for your baby a bouncy, vibrating, swinging, musical??? Too many to choose from! My head is bursting with the different ones!

Thanks girlies, sorry for the ramblings!

cx

Replies

• Options
    Tricky one as I think they all end up liking different things. We started off with a rocker which DD hated, then a vibrating bouncer which she was fairly indifferent about and then a swing which she loved and slept in for hours at a time image It was a sad day when she grew out of that! That's probably not going to help much but I would definitely recommend the swing if I had to pick one! x
  • Options
    G/C from baby. We were bought just a basic one from asda but it does have vibrate and has music too. R does like it though and is great to sit him in while Im in the shower or busy. Vibrate is great as it does settle him. I would say don't spend a fortune on one as R is already starting to lean forward at 3months and won't be in it much longer. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy image x
  • Options
    With DD we had a vibrating chair which she loved but alas it has been damaged at the end of last year when we had a pipe burst so will need replacing for her sibling. Swings are pretty good too.
  • Options
    We've got the fisher price newborn to toddler rocker. My lo loves it, it has a vibrate on it which settles him and it also reclines, which is great for short naps or if he falls asleep in it.

Also you get your moneys worth as it turns into a toddler rocking chair afterwards.

I've also heard good things about swings but we were put off that they are quite pricey and take up lots of space.
  • Options
    We only had a Chicco bouncy chair - no music or vibration, just with a toy bar over the top though. DD liked being in it though, and sometimes napped in it, so we'll just be getting that out again for the next one. Can't remember exactly but I think after about 4-5 months old she wasn't using it that much so I'd bear that in mind when deciding how much you want to spend.
  • Options
    My daughter hated the swing chair would scream as soon as we put her. Got a cheap bouncy chair and she loved it. They are all different though x I would advise seeing if you can borrow one for a week before you make a decision, some of them are quite expensive and you don't want to waste your moneyx
  • Options
    I'd say choose a nice but not expensive bouncy chair that has music (vibrate not needed). Personally, I would avoid the rocking/swing things as the babies then become used to sleeping in them and won't go to sleep in a cot!