Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Got knocked in pelvis, advice please!

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question as need some advice if possible?

Took my little nephew to the park today and was on see saw and as he slipped off his end, my end came up suddenly and gave me a strong knock in the pelvis area. Was more worried about him so didn't think about it too much but was aware that it was sore. However since being home it's remained really painful and i'm worried i've done some harm to beany.

My gut feeing is that i've bruised my pelvic bone area and it's fine but it is really painful and more so when i touch it. However, had no cramps in uterus or bleeding s thats a good sign surely?

Anyone got any advice or had any similar experiences? Please tell me i'm being silly!

Thank you

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Wispa, take things easy for next couple of days, avoiding anything too strenuous and resting as much as possible. If the pain doesn't subside overnight or you do develop any abdominal pain or bleeding (however slight) contact your hospital early pregnancy unit. They should be able to arrange for someone to see you (they are available 24/7) and check you over. One thing to remember if you are rhesus neg and 13wks or over into term, they'll refer you for anti-d jab as a precaution with every bump, trip or fall.
  • Options
    Hi Kazzie,

Thanks so much for replying. That's what i'd been kind of thinking. Will give it until tomo as no abdo pain and no bleeding and ring epu tomo for reassurance if still painful.

Thanks again

• Options
    ouchy, hope your feeling better, its worth getting checked if your worried honey x
  • Options
    Thanks piggypops, still hurts this morning. Def gonna ring for some advice. Hope it's ok!?

• Options
    I'm gc here, but got kicked right in the stomach as I was swimming at about 25 weeks pregnant. The kick was also right where my dd's head was lying at that point.

I went to the hospital just to get checked out but everything was fine. They told me to look out for abdominal pain or bleeding and go back if that happened.

She's now 13.5 months old and there's nothing wrong with her.
  • Options
    Ahh, thank you for g/c and for reassuring. That's good to know that your daughter is fine.

I rang the epu and left messages. They got back to me but left a message cos i missed call and siad its prob fine as no bleeding or abdo pain etc. Will try and catch them again tomo to ask properly but sounds positive.