Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

dark discharge!

Sorry if TMI, but this morning I woke with a really dark discharge similar to what I get before I have my period. It's died down now but should i be concerned? Was half tempted to call midwife but as i'm only 8 weeks not sure if this could still be a bit of implantation bleeding?

anyone else had something similar?

Replies

• Options
    Hi, if youre worried call the midwife. When do you have a scan? With my DD1 I had some slight discharge/bleeding at around 9 weeks and all was okay. I would always say get any bleeding/funny coloured discharge checked out. xx
  • Options
    Hiya,

Yes I would get it checked out, they will probably book you in for an early scan just to check all is ok. Which i'm sure it is, lots of people do get some bleeding during the first trimester.

Hev x
  • Options
    thanks ladies, I'm not sure when my scan is, I know my booking in appointment is the 6th July, but they didn't give me a date for the scan and I didn't think to ask (baby brain). My friend is having both her booking in appointment and scan tomorrow so I'm hoping I'll be the same. Will call the midwife tomorrow and ask her advice! Did some research and found a couple of articles that suggested it could be thrush or a vagina bacteria infection, but best to get checked and treated if needed!
  • Options
    Hi, I had this from six weeks until a few days ago, some days it was hardly anything and then others it was loads!!

Had an early scan last week at EPU when I was 7+1 and baby was fine, they said it was unexplained and very common in early pregnancy, probably implantation still going on or mucus plug forming and some getting through. Mines gone back to clear now and morning sickness worse than it was, call midwife and ask for epu appointment if you're still worried but it is very common.

In my notes it says to be worried if it's bright red or very painful but otherwise it's quite normal, seeing baby though does help to ease worries image

Mrs T and bump xxx
  • Options
    hello, I had blood then dark discharge from 12 weeks till 15 weeks, on and off, there are so many reasons why this can be happening, mine was detached placenta.......luckily all is well now. However the midwives allways stressed that ANY discharge that is red or brown needs to be checked out, they really don't mind if you come in or call (they will then ask you to come in) I've had nothing but wonderful care ......... just call your EPU and they will give you all the advice you need!
  • Options
    If in doubt get checked out, especially when bleeding involved. Odds are it may be nothing but it's always better safe than sorry. I had light bleeding throughout my 1st trimester apparantly thought to have been ligament tears with stretch and movement of uterus. Now in my 3rd trimester with bean wriggling about in there telling me they're well and happy.
  • Options
    woke up this morning to blood, like a light period, although it stopped the next time I went to the loo. Have been to the doctor and he has arranged a scan at the early pregnancy unit for Monday! He told me that if I get any pain or the bleeding gets worse to go straigh tot hospital. At the moment it seems to have stopped and I just have a little bit of tenderness in my tummy so trying to keep positive and distract myself with work! fingers crossed all will be ok!

Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    Cas, how did it go? X
  • Options
    Hey Renee, all was good. Baby is fine, strong heartbeat and kicking its legs! They have backdated me slightly, so only 9 weeks today, but only by 4 days so due date is now 1 Feb! Thanks for asking, been so busy last couple of days, forgot to update!